1/4 mile time

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
dPmunky

Re: 1/4 mile time

Post by dPmunky »

i can usually do low to mid 16's w/the occasional slip...it all depends on if youre a good driver or not
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* :D
13.023 @ 105 mph
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

The stock GS did the ¼ mile in 16.3 according to MotorTrend. So regular people should hit at least mid to high 16s in one. My old stock RS is another story, that crap did the ¼ mile in like 18 seconds cause of a slipping clutch.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

i wonder who's got the fastest quarter mile w/o forced air?
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

My bone stock GS with a clogged cat ran a 17.0 about two weeks ago. I would guess mid to high 16's are the norm for the V-6
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dPmunky:
i wonder who's got the fastest quarter mile w/o forced air?<hr></blockquote><p>That is a lot of variables from there.. given motor swaps kinda ruin it for anuyone who hasnt.. i run a 15.9 but i have a protege lx motor.. some guys run in the 14's with a klze... although there is a q mile ranking that is updated on this forum
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

i am running a 17.542 at 79mph w/ a RS w/ an custom intake and a muffler, along w/ a trunk full of speaker equip. including a Q-logic box w/ 2, 22lb, 12's and a 1200W amp. and every thing that comes stock on my car.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”