2.5 KL-ZE MX-3 vs Civic Type-R !

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Max

2.5 KL-ZE MX-3 vs Civic Type-R !

Post by Max »

Here's the deal, I bought a 1994 GS in september, and im getting the kl-ze swap this summer. 200 hp...<P>One of my friends bought a civic SI one week before i got my car and he's putting in B18C Type-R with 195 HP and 130 lbs of torque I think... <P>I know the Kl-Ze has more torque not sure how much though, think it's 155 at the wheel..<P>Once we get our engines were going to take our cars down to the track and see who is faster. We will probably both have new intake, exaust, tranny, clutch and rubbers . Were not drag racers but were decent drivers, who would you put youre money on ? KL-ZE or Civic TYPE-R ?
David Coleman

Re: 2.5 KL-ZE MX-3 vs Civic Type-R !

Post by David Coleman »

I'd say the MX-3, if it can get traction. A KLZE should put you in the mid 14's, and I'd suspect a B18C5 in a 6th gen coupe would be about the same power to weight, but less torque like you said.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
93mxrgs

Re: 2.5 KL-ZE MX-3 vs Civic Type-R !

Post by 93mxrgs »

THUMBS UP MAN... GOOD KILL ;)
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”