Anyone had experience with these companies?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
jiggyman

Anyone had experience with these companies?

Post by jiggyman »

Both these companies sell KLZE's at good prices, but im wondering if anyones had experience with either one? thanks

http://www.flashoptions.com/product.asp?prodID=69
seems real cheap
or
http://forum.completekustoms.com/index.php?a=forum&f=3
Already asked about this one, and can get it to Canada for $1200 U.S with a ZE ecu and shipping included

Opinions? what do you think my best option would be?
RoundTop

Re: Anyone had experience with these companies?

Post by RoundTop »

I'd ask a) how many miles on them. b) have they been checked to see if they run. c) do the valve cover gaskets, etc need re-doing
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

those are really good prices, im sure that shipping to canada would be dreadful though? or are they canadian companies? i didnt see.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
jiggyman

Post by jiggyman »

nah there not canadian companies, but the 2nd one i listed for $1200 is including shipping to edmonton and an ecu.

Im waiting for a reply from the other company still, I guess they have like 40 of them in stock so cut down the prices big time.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

this is where i got mine from, not bad, still waiting on the intake manifold, they shipped me the wrong one. was 1050 cdn plus shipping. give them a call http://www.jdmsource.ca i found no company that sells the klze ecu either so look around.
1993 White gs klze.
jiggyman

Post by jiggyman »

Heres an update from http://www.flashoptions.com/product.asp?prodID=69

For a KLZE shipped to Alberta
"USD800 shipped.. curved neck add USD100"

They'll also match any price any other online store will provide.

So the 2 options so far are
$900USD shipped for curved neck with no ECU from flashoptions

or

$1200USD shipped curved neck with an ECU from completekustoms

Not bad prices at all i'd say, now for quality...
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

thats not in the usa i take it? i really want aklze engine fin the usa. woah 500 dlls for a klze sounds neat..... :o i depretely want one hehe
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

I would check over at www.probetalk.com and ask about how reputable those companies are. There are a lot more memebrs there and odds are one of them has tried them.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

report back when/if you find something...
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I emailed flash options. They replied the shipped engine costs 800 dlls to el paso tx, shipping takes about 30 days o.0 add 200 dlls for ecu and they do not have the vaf. They didnt answer my question on warranty nor about the curbed neck..altough i did see in their pictures that their klzes have curbed neck, wich makes me wonder..if they really are ze's. Anyone ever bought one from here, by the way.. it is in the usa so id be willing to drive wherever its located and yell at their asses if it was the wrong engine of if the engine would be bad.

stilll, has anyone bought one from them? the email seemed very professional and they claim to have 40 units available.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Originally posted by hgallegos915:
o.0 add 200 dlls for ecu and they do not have the vaf.
No prob there; you'll be using your K8 VAF anyway. :shrug:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
jiggyman

Post by jiggyman »

Originally posted by hgallegos915:
I emailed flash options. They replied the shipped engine costs 800 dlls to el paso tx, shipping takes about 30 days o.0 add 200 dlls for ecu and they do not have the vaf. They didnt answer my question on warranty nor about the curbed neck..altough i did see in their pictures that their klzes have curbed neck, wich makes me wonder..if they really are ze's. Anyone ever bought one from here, by the way.. it is in the usa so id be willing to drive wherever its located and yell at their asses if it was the wrong engine of if the engine would be bad.

stilll, has anyone bought one from them? the email seemed very professional and they claim to have 40 units available.
Got another reply back, as i posted above, add $100 for curved neck
$200 for ecu
and they said all engines are below 40k miles, compression tested, and have a 30 day warranty
Pearl-JapSpec

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

im lookin at jdmsource...
that would save an arm n a leg on s/h
for a bp-t...
Car Out Of Order For Now...
2 weeks In counting till re-incarnation!!
New G-Force Front Bumper!!
-_-_-_- Pics On Site -_-_-_-
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3_junkee
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Complete Kustoms sounds promising...1200 is cheap, and if its compression tested, has a warenty, and un 40k then i SHOULD be good...the compression testing could go wrong, there was a guy here on the bored that didn't get his engine tested because Corksport sold him one that was from a different company or SOMEHthing like that. So yah it sounds like a gooder...look on probetalk.com, see if anyone has bought from them.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”