Got a bunch of questions that need to be answered, READ!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
The_Great_Tonge

Got a bunch of questions that need to be answered, READ!

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

I have had my MX-3 for about 4 months now and i've been looking at this board ever since i got the car. I have a couple of questions about certain things about my car.<P>1) What is the difference in the indiglo gaugues. Are the ones from SRD not good enough??<P>2)What is a good CAT system for our cars.Please don't tell me where to look give me some exact names and prices!!<P>3)The best way for me to clean my headlights. I hear bits and pieces of how to do it but if someone can lay it out nice and simple that would be helpful.<P>4)What kind of intake system gives the best performance. People PLEASE tell me of your intakes lows and highs and not some webpage where i can buy some.<P>This is my simple demand list ;-). I hope none of the moderators will move this anywhere. Cause maybe its just me...but these questions have been on my mind for a damn long time. Thanks<BR> The Great Tonge

Re: Got a bunch of questions that need to be answered, READ!

Post by Guest »

Well on the head light part, find a Rubbing compound, usually next to the waxes, or bondo section of Autozone. Get a liquid style, and just go at it. you will see the layers start to be removed as you do it, so it may take a couple of times to make it great. On the Intake I here PRM is the best out there, and for the price it better be! its like $170. I ve heard mixed feelings on the Pacesetter exhaust. It seems to rust out and start to sound rather crappy. Well I hope you find what you need, CHris
The_Great_Tonge

For the PRM intake, from what ive read they fit only on the v6's. if i read wrong its ok, DONT bite my head off. Cause i have a 94 4 banger,stick of course.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

They make a special compond for plastic and fiberglass. I got mine from Pep Boys for about $10 (I think). At any rate, the kit comes with a blue foam pad that you put into a drill motor. You then put the compond (which looks like someone put sand in toothpaste) on the pad and then use the pad/drill to buff out the scratches. Once you have done this, be sure to clean away the slight film left over with a damp rag.
mazdasound

Post by mazdasound »

About the intake... there is a guy who is making a custom intake. He says it's for both models. he say's it's gonna cost about 100(US),140(CAN). His post is somewhere in this forum.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

hey man make your own intake.. get a 92 honda accord intake and u cut it into three pieces and put the mass airflow in the middle. For pics look at my registry profile..<P> For the polish use meguiars plastic cleaner and polish. It is in two bottles. one is blue and the other is white.<P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
The_Great_Tonge

thats tight, people finally answerin some of the questions. how about the CAT, please share some info. also what did you guys use to lower your cars. the kind of springs
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

For the CAT the best way is always custom, find a good muffler, a high flow cat converter and have the piping made in any muffler shop, you can then listen to your car and add a resonator if its too loud. For the springs, theres a lot of options right now, buy some sport lowering springs and shocks (mines are Jamex 1.75" and KYB sport struts) get them installed and align your car, as simple as it gets...<P>------------------<BR>Alberto<BR>1993 Mx-3 1.6l Se<BR>Brilliant Black!
Alberto<BR>1993 Mx-3 1.6l Se<BR>Brilliant Black!
The_Great_Tonge

Aiight thats straight..<BR>but how about the indglo gauges, its driving me crazy trying to find out the difference!!!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”