Noisy Brakes

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Reprobation14

Noisy Brakes

Post by Reprobation14 »

I got my brakes done about 17,000 miles ago, and they are squeling HORRIBLY now. When i first left the shop they squeeled so i took it back the next day. The mechanic said that because they were new pads they needed to wear in so they would make that noise for awhile. So i kept on driving on them, now the noise is getting HORRIBLE when I stop it sounds like a frieght train is ATTEMPTING to stop. The car does NOT shudder or anything so i don't think its a problem with the rotors, but i could be wrong. Could the brake pads really wear out this fast?!

-Chris
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Noisy Brakes

Post by mitmaks »

was it quality job or back yard mechanic?
also depends on what kind of pads you used, they come in soft/medium and hard compound, which eats rotors fast
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Reprobation14

Post by Reprobation14 »

Well, he owns his own shop but its kinda shady.. i usually only go there because its cheap and he occationally cuts me some really good deals. im really starting to lose faith in him though, this is not the first time he's done something and it's gone and gotten fked up.
MX-3 Caper

Post by MX-3 Caper »

I had the same problem with my breaks, squealed like crazy as soon as they were on and just got worse. I cleaned out the calipers and pads and then put some anti-sqeak on.....no more sqeals to scare anyone.....should give it a try.
Aaron
96' 1.6 DOHC
Reprobation14

Post by Reprobation14 »

anti-squeak? what the hell is that?!
and where do i get it :D
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

auto parts store should have it, usually its blue in color, used to be carried with new brake pads, but not anymore.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”