Rear Driver side klunk?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Trevor

Rear Driver side klunk?

Post by Trevor »

I just got back form a great weekend of camping (driving over bumpy roads) and know I'm hearing a klunking sound when I turn right and go over a bump and when I stop I can sometimes hear it. I've pushed down on the back shock to see if that was it but it didn't do it. The car had quit a bit of weight in the back of it and it is lowered with ST springs. ne of you guys have a clue as to what it could be???
Jon_Carnie

Re: Rear Driver side klunk?

Post by Jon_Carnie »

my car is also lowered with ST springs and has a clunk in the back end when i go over big bumps, i think its because the springs didn't seem to sit in the rubber mounts on the shock 100% when i put them on...which i beleive is also why it didn't lower the rear a whole lot..
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Mine sat fine in the rubber mounts and I've been driving problem free on them for 5 months now. On stock struts to. The reason I don't think they lower as much on the back is that there is little weight pushing Down on them.
Jon_Carnie

Post by Jon_Carnie »

hmm thats odd that yours sat fine in the mount and mine didn't, i fiddled with them for a bit, but couldn't seem to get them to sit perfect and have everything line up. i also had my car on the hoist the other day and noticed if i twist the springs all the way up into the upper mount it raises the car abit, and if i twist them all the way down to sit perfect in the lower mount the car lowers slightly...i think i may take the struts back off sometime to look further into it, since the alignment i got done was **** anyways

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”