front and rear topspeedauto.com strut bars

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MHMX-3

front and rear topspeedauto.com strut bars

Post by MHMX-3 »

just got these and was wondering besides the straight forward install, is there any adjustments that need to be made to the bars such as tightenting or loosening the bolts that would affect performance? Thanks
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Re: front and rear topspeedauto.com strut bars

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Park on a level surface, unload any excess weight/cargo/whatever from the car. Do final install tightening of the rear bar without adding your own weight to the vehicle. The idea is to get a firm but "neutral" final fastening of each bar with the bar length adjusted to be snug between strut towers, but not so that the towers are pulled toward each other or you'll risk screwing up the camber alignment of your wheels. G'luck. You're gonna love the way the body roll is stiffened. I went for a short test drive and came back 2 hrs. later after hitting every twisty within miles around. Compared to pre-install, car handled like it was on rails. :2thumbsup:
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

dingo, are yours from topspeed too? i just wanna know the quality of them.
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
MHMX-3

Post by MHMX-3 »

So let me get this straight, i put on the bars over the bolts and tighten them equally so that one is not pulling a side to the other, and the same goes for the front bar too. Sounds easy enough! Any more tips? :2thumbsup:
Macen

Post by Macen »

Installed my rear strut bar today from Corksport. Pics can be found on my homepage under Teknik -> Bakre fjäderbenstag.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”