new ast full adjusable suspension

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
odds1

Re: new ast full adjusable suspension

Post by odds1 »

Hello

I just spoke with AST themselves. and they have no TüV approval for the suspension for our cars.
too bad

Edit: I got another E-mail from them, and they told me they will have the TüV approval for them in 6 months.

Odds

<small>[ June 09, 2004, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: odds1 ]</small>
Odds, Norway
Red `93 GS, Stock
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

yeah I had just ordered the sport-line when we found out its not approve yet. so I guess I just have to wait :shrug:
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
odds1

Post by odds1 »

I guess it'll be well worth the wait.
When will you get them? Let us know how they rides. How much did you pay including shipping?

Odds
Odds, Norway
Red `93 GS, Stock
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Odds: should we talk to AST and check how many kits we must buy to get a discount?

I guess it`s atleast one more besides me, who wants these just here in Sarpsborg.
If you are interested, then we are atleast 3 people.

Guaranteed to be a few more people.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

sorry I dident explain further. but as soon as I realized about the missing TUV approval I canceled my order. so Im up for a group buy too WHEN it gets approved. Maybe it would be a good idea to keep us informed in this thread if we hear from AST? btw I was going to pay 1179,75 Euro at jeroentje.nl for the sport-line.
you can check out the 3 variants here http://www.astsuspensionuk.com
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I have Koni + H&R now, and I`m gonna get this approved, then I`ll probably get the sportline adjustables. Don`t think anyone will know the difference from what I have now, to what I`ll have then. Think they only reads, legally lowered, and it`s ok.
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I just got a reply from AST, and they are interested in doing a groupbuy.

here`s the reply I got:
Hi Jannis,

Yes we would be interested in a reduced price group buy for the Mazda Mx 3.
Minimum 5 sets for 15% discount.
Minimum 15 sets for 20% discount.

Hope this helps.

Dirk

----
I`m sure we got 5 people easy this summer, and I`d think there should be several others aswell.
I`m pretty sure we got 3 or 4 people here in Norway alone that would be interested.

This is not a groupbuy yet, but just an interest gathering.

nope-mx3
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

so what price are we getting directly from AST with 15% discount?
I belive it would be in most peoples interests to wait till they get TUV approved or what? but ok if the groupbuy starts before that Im probably still up for it coz when I get the car inspected in about a month I can drive for 2 more years and a TUV approval would hopefully be done by then :D

<small>[ June 11, 2004, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: SIXPACK ]</small>
odds1

Post by odds1 »

I'm very interested in a groupbuy when and if they get approved.
Do we get other than the sport line for our mx?
Odds, Norway
Red `93 GS, Stock
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

I think we could get a better deal cuz now were allmost sure we have 5 people interrested "and thats mostly european guys" :D

I think in the whole big US of A theres lot's more MX-3 riders who would like a set too especially at a discount...

But im with sixpack,it would be the best if we could get the tüv approval ;)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

Originally posted by odds1:
Do we get other than the sport line for our mx?
yes they make all 3 variants and both for the V6 and 1.6. the Tuning-line has fixed bump/rebound dampers and can not be adjusted. sports-line has 12 step adjustable dampers and the GT-line got 24. In my opinion the Sport-line is the best choice for most people.
Macen

Post by Macen »

How did it go? Groupbuy ended? If not, I'm very interested.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Groupbuy never got going, Ast havent gotten their coilovers Tüv approved yet as i understand it :(

And i think both sixpack and nope buyed some other coiloverkits, so theres probertly not enough guys to get a groupbiy going any more :confused:

I still want a set if they gets the Tüv, i so want coilovers and with dampneradjustment in 12 steps :love:
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
Macen

Post by Macen »

Ok. They are a bit expensive though. Think I will buy red Konis and Nope's H&R springs. :-)

Maybe in the future I will buy real coilovers. But like you say, I want it to be Tuv approved.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

Doensn't the sign "RWTUV" on the front of their brochure mean that it is TUV approved?

http://www.ast-suspension.com/engels/Brochures/pdf/2.%20Sport-line%20ENG1.pdf

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”