Buying a "Special Edition"

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Manach

Buying a "Special Edition"

Post by Manach »

The topic should have been something else.. First poster mistake I guess...<P>=============<BR>Ok, First time poster... But I was wondering if anyone could answer that one.<P>I'm about to buy a Mx-3 1993. But the thing is, my inssurance want to know if it is the Rs or the GS. I tried to figure it out by reading the sticker on the passenger side, and the model was said to be a "Special Edition". I know they made a 25th anniversary car, but that one doesn't have any sign of the special 25th logo. The paint must have been redone. On the engine, there is only the mention 16 Valves, nothing about the SOCH or DOCH I have seen on other engine. The original paper says it is a 1,6l.<P>The point is, Is there any "Special Edition" with a 1.6l engine? It is like the RS or GS... I tried to figure it out on this web site, and I'm all mixed up now...<P>Manach<p>[This message has been edited by Manach (edited August 13, 2001).]
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Re: Buying a "Special Edition"

Post by masonholmes »

That's not a special edition, at least by US and Canadian standards. Other countries have used that term for other feature's etc. What you are looking at, due to the engine, is an RS. True special editions only came with the 1.8L dohc 24v K8 v6 and leather. Hope that helps clear stuff up a little.<BR><P>------------------<BR>mason<BR>MX3SE<BR>ICQ#44771740<BR>masonholmes@hotmail.com
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
Bbqman218

Post by Bbqman218 »

its a RS they have a 1.6 sohc/dohc<BR> the 1.8's are the GS<P> Special Editions have Leather seats, heated seats with buttons in the center next to the E-brake and 25th anniversary on the front floor mats, and if not repainted a sticker on the front fenders. I dont know what engines come in them, I thought they only had v-6's in them.
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

There is a special edition RS,mine is a 93 1.6 SOHC with leather seats and all the other features, made for the 20th anniversary of Mazda in Puerto Rico. Theres pics on my registry page...<P>------------------<BR>Alberto<BR>1993 Mx-3 1.6l Se<BR>Brilliant Black!
Alberto<BR>1993 Mx-3 1.6l Se<BR>Brilliant Black!
Manach

Post by Manach »

Alberto, what is your name in the Registry? Image I wanna see that car..<P>Thanks<P>Manach<P>------<BR>Found it.. No need to tell me now!<p>[This message has been edited by Manach (edited August 14, 2001).]
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”