Tokico Blues Struts

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
ProtegeSTS

Re: Tokico Blues Struts

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Johns93GS:
<p>Wow I shouldnt have changed my attitude for you. I only did because I was hoping for an answer. If I wanted the ZX2 struts I would have searched for them but don't tell me to search for a ****ing thing I DIDNT EVEN ASK ABOUT!!<p>I asked WHERE TO GET TOKICO BLUES but you don't read the whole god damn post you just ***** me out<hr></blockquote><p>Being that you replied asking questions about the ZX2 struts after I hand fed you 8 different threads, I figured you were looking at them now.<p>It's a better strut for less money, so I guess I missed out on your logic to still be asking about regular tokico blues.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Johns93GS:
[QB]By the way... if Tokico Blues don't work with GC's, how is Kevin Gettens using that combo with his new MX-3, Elmo? <p>He is running a Tokico Blues / GC setup so it must be able to work...<p>But i will go with you guys saying that it doesn't, so now im asking which springs will work with Tokico Blues??<p>**********************<p>This is the caption under the pic you posted:<p>If you have seen the Tokico struts for this car, you would notice that these have been plasma cut at the cup to allow better access to the coilovers<p>Also, I'm purchasing Tokicos and Eibachs...that's my plan.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

actually ground control recomends the use of kyb struts with all of their springs........they actually do all of their r&d using kyb struts.....its a fact i talked to them directly....
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I just can`t understand why someone will want to spend more money on struts that are not as good as the Tokico ZX2 struts.<p>I bought the Koni`s, but that`s because I`m in Norway, and it`s a lot easier to get hold of Koni`s here. (nobody here knows what a ZX2 is, as it`s an american model)<p>I know I would buy ZX2 struts if I had the chance.
They are good an dirt cheap.
The Blue`s are more expensive and not nearly as good. But hey, if you got too much money lying around... be my guest and waste them :D <p>nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

You can get suspension technique springs from JC Whitney. If you can come up with a coupon code(on the back of their catalog) you can get another 10% off. They don't list them on the website but it doesn't mean they don't have them. The ST part # for the MX-3 is #60335. Give them a call and see if they can get them. JC is $30 cheaper than corksport, and like a said if you can come up with a catalog you can save another $16 on top of that.<p>[ September 03, 2003: Message edited by: TsiMiata ]</p>
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

The zx2's require modification, true, but the amount of work it requires is so little that any moron could perform it with a dremel.<p>It took me about 20 minutes with a HAND DREMEL to expand the hole enough to whack in the thrust bearing.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”