strange rubbing after lowering

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
nope-mx3

strange rubbing after lowering

Post by nope-mx3 »

Hey,<p>my car is coming along nicely now.
everything is installed.<p>But, after I installed the Koni`s + H&R, it seems as the tires rub if I take a corner hard (front tires), also if I have someone in the backseat, it rubs on the sides when I`m turning, and I don`t even have to corner especially hard either.<p>I find it strange as I now other mx3`ers who has 7.5x17 rims with 215/40-17 tires.<p>The offset on the rims is supposedly ET 35, shouldn`t this work ok? Might it be that I have gotten rims with another offset than what I ordered?<p>Any help would be nice :) <p>nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
jpwmx3

Re: strange rubbing after lowering

Post by jpwmx3 »

looks like your offset is too small.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

where is it rubbing? That'll tell you if the offset is wrong.<p>Some tires are wider than others indepedent of size.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:
where is it rubbing? That'll tell you if the offset is wrong.<p>Some tires are wider than others indepedent of size.<hr></blockquote><p>in front I`m not too sure, but it`s only when I corner really hard.<p>in the rear it`s on the outside. The fender goes down onto the tire.<p>nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nope-mx3:
<p>in front I`m not too sure, but it`s only when I corner really hard.<p>in the rear it`s on the outside. The fender goes down onto the tire.<p>nope-mx3<hr></blockquote><p>The rear is an offset problem.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”