Lowing Sping Problem

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
greatunicon

Lowing Sping Problem

Post by greatunicon »

i just installed a set of H&R spring in my MX-3......i don't know why, it create more noise than before,when the car running<BR>is H&R a good spring??<BR>is that usual??????<BR>CAN someone help me?
a
ProtegeSTS

Re: Lowing Sping Problem

Post by ProtegeSTS »

what kind of noise?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
greatunicon

Post by greatunicon »

when my car pass pumber or no-good surface road..<BR>my H&R spring seem to be more noise then OEM shock and spring(before mod)<BR>sound like Lok Lok Lok~~~~~~from struts.<P>what is that???<BR>can help me??
a
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

are the springs seated correctly?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
greatunicon

Post by greatunicon »

first, thx Jesse :p <BR>i think it should be ok for installation, because i give my fruend's shop. <P>actually, is that the problem i use the old struts with new spring?or the spring have not stable yet??<P>have anyone have this experienment?<BR>or know what the hell happen?
a
CanadianMx-3

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

You need too upgrade your struts. They are bottoming out. they dont have enough travel as aftermarkets would.
Dedicated SR20 SLUT
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CanadianMx-3:<BR><STRONG>You need too upgrade your struts. They are bottoming out. they dont have enough travel as aftermarkets would.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>All aftermarket struts for the MX-3 have the SAME travel, which is the SAME as the oem ones.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
ventoura

Post by ventoura »

I have problem to. Me I installed H&R spring with KYB struts and the problem I have is that the bushing of my suspension link kit seem to be to soft. Everytime I run on bad road I heard metal sound coming from the suspension. Does anyone have a solution? Does anyone know if I can find urethane bushings for my suspension? :confused:
jfbourgault

Post by jfbourgault »

my friend had the same problem with apex springs. it was making noise, our mechanic discovered that the stock springs have some sort of rubber around them. they are little rubber "hoses" that are cut in two ( hard to explain). My friend still had the old coils, so they tried putting one of those rubber bands on the rear right coil to see if the noise would go away and it did, except that the old ones he had were all worn out. so he's got 3 struts knocking like crazy and the one that's got the rubber is not making any sound att all, it's a quick fix!<BR>hope it helps! it might not be your problem, but hey, give it a try, if you can't find these rubber things, go see a mazda dealership for them, they've gotta be cheap, it's freakin' rubber after all<P>p.s., the apex springs are installed on KYB gr2 struts, just in case you were wondering if he was using the old struts!<P>p.s 2, I know, I have to stop writting such long posts! :¬) [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
92 mx-3 GS .greeeeeeeen!<BR>Honda !!!, what do you mean Honda??<BR>Oh sorry, you meant that piece of crap parked next to my car! oh sorry again, I meant to say lawnmower....
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jfbourgault:<BR><STRONG>if you can't find these rubber things, go see a mazda dealership for them, they've gotta be cheap, it's freakin' rubber after all<P></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>The dealership is stupid expensive for just about anything. The distributor o-ring for my car is $7.49. Its a 2" diameter rubber o-ring. SEVEN DOLLARS is FREAKING ridiculous for that....sorry for the rant
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Its okay for the rant i am still steamed about 28$ for a valuve cover gasket for my car and i didnt even bother to get it.. Dealerships suck.. but autozone sucks even more for not carrying the gasket =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
fieval79
Supporting Member

Post by fieval79 »

I had to pay $40 for my valve gasget from Mazda.....<P>but on a good note, I paid $0.69 for my distributor o-ring!!

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”