big brake front and rear kit

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Sean Mandell

big brake front and rear kit

Post by Sean Mandell »

Are there any big brake front and rear kits? i want to find the best brake setup. I changed my stock brakes to KVR cross-drilled rotors and carb-fiber pads and it made a huge difference but that was with stock 1.8 with the klze, this setup is definately not up to the task. <P>Any suggestions? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Re: big brake front and rear kit

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

<A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com</A> has big rotor kit, but it's loke $1400 U.S.! [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
white fish

Post by white fish »

what about mx-6 front brakes how big are they and will they fit?
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

whitefish, i think the mx6 calipers are too big for our rotors. is a 5 lug conversion possible for the mx3?
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
pelado

Post by pelado »

I don't know why it wouldn't work. However, I don't think anyone has tried this before. I inquired in a post several months ago and no one had ever heard of it being done.<P>MX-6 LS/Probe GT front 10.4" rear 10.3"<BR>MX-3 GS front 10.1" rear 9.9"<P>If you could pick up the parts reasonably, it would be a low buck big brake setup. Plus, you could get the Probe GT wheels for about 150-200, cheap 16" wheel upgrade.<p>[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

KVR makes a package....a couple of other companies too. They are expensive. But thats the price you pay for good braking.<P><BR>Keep in mind that the stock brakes are fine for everyone here who is NOT doing track days on full road courses. upgrade the pads, lines, and fluid, and you'll have very good braking.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”