"POP" sound,joint shaft?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
A.S.

"POP" sound,joint shaft?

Post by A.S. »

I hear a loud POP sound from the front driver side when I turn the wheel and go over a small bump or whan the car leans in a turn. I just changed my front struts and they are brand new. I think its either the joint shaft or the drive shaft. I'm not sure which and its to cold for me to go under and inspect. Any ideas??
hi
mxer4eva

Re: "POP" sound,joint shaft?

Post by mxer4eva »

Its either your ball joint or your axle on that side has gone bad. I've replaced both over that last three months so i couldnt tell you which one it would be exactly but most likely it was the ball joint. When i had it changed the a week ago, i was having a similar popping sound.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
littlemantke

Post by littlemantke »

Its your CV joints definitely. I'm 110% sure my car was doing the same thing .It cost me a pretty pennie to fix it but my car no longer pops!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Hondas are for people who don't want to be unique!!!!!
justin h

Post by justin h »

Agreed. You can get it done at some places for $120/each. It's not real hard to do yourself, but some pieces slipped on my transmission when i was changing the fluid and I had to get new transmission. Try not to accelerate alot when turning, because it will cause it to break quicker and your car will not move.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”