Preparing to TURBOIZE...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
manowar821
Supporting Member

Preparing to TURBOIZE...

Post by manowar821 »

Okay, I've decided to save for a turbo kit for my SOHC 1.6... :D
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: Preparing to TURBOIZE...

Post by Mnemonic »

you wouldnt need to use high octane i would just use 93-94octane as for tranny i would go ahead and do a manual swap that away you dont have to worry about can the autotranny take the increase in power. and as for have to worry about knock running that low psi i would worry to much but just remeber there can always be a problem with a motor that wasnt design to use a turbo
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Originally posted by manowar821:
Okay, I've decided to save for a turbo kit for my SOHC 1.6... :D
from the sound of it are u getting the turbo kit from racingmazda. am from San Antonio rick the guy how made turbo kit his mx-3 was fast. i think u should go standard fun to play with. laters

Drifter MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Ma-Ze

Post by Ma-Ze »

The 1.6 turbo kit that was on my car was putting down some good numbers. I didnt own the car back then so i cant tell you to much about it. the transmission decision is basically up to you, just depends on what you prefer to drive. knocking definetly wont be problem. Ric has pulled over 300hp on a 1.6 that was completly reliable.
92 MX-3 RS,
Racing Mazda turbo kit. 451 WHP @ 25 psi
12.1 @ 117 mph w/318whp
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/652555

Return to “Forced Induction”