Why did you swap your engine?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
lakersfan1

Re: Why did you swap your engine?

Post by lakersfan1 »

Either tell them you needed more power for towing, or tell them you're a tree-hugger and you wanted better fuel economy, since most K8 to KLZE swappers experience a 5 MPG increase in efficiency when they swap.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Because my old motor was out of blinker fluid.

Seriously though i had just blown up my b6de tranny and left a huge slick of oil on the highway.

So why not upgrade to a bigger motor with a better tranny..
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
eore

Post by eore »

u already kno my answer. but yea jus say ur engine is almost dead an that ur gonna need a new one soon. good luck breakin the news to ur parents.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Why would you even have to explain it to anyone?? Its your money, do you. I never told my parents when I swapped my engine and they dont ask. I've already started buying turbo parts and they wont ask about those either.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

Old one was burning oil, and its cheaper to buy a low km ze than to replace with a low km k8
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

HAHAHAHHAAHHAHA :D :D :D

those are hella awesome!! thnx guys! i was just wondering what reasons some of u had. mine of course is because my engine is old, tired, and i feel like spankin even more hondas than i do now. ;) ;)
92 Autozam AZ3
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Tell em you're only doing the engine swap to install what Mazda should have put in there in the first place!
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

my dad totally understands why im doing it, more go fast cause hes like me or me like him
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

yep my parents first found out when they saw a bpt sitting in their garage...my dad said "you must have bought a motor huh?", i said "yep", end of conversation...he must have knew instantly why i bought it since it does say "turbo" right on the IM.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

When told my dad that I had an engine to put in the car he gasped at the estimated 180 horsepower.. I was looking for some place to do the swap for me and he said "Listen, you have a nice running car now and if youre going to do this it is going to have to be done right." With that I found the best guy in town to do it for me and dad paid to get it done.. God love him.. what a guy. I was just gonna give the ol mastercard a going over but he didnt want me to be in any more debt. ;)

Ohh and as for why I did the swap.. If someone asked me why I would say "What in the hell kind of question is that? Why did you put on pants this morning? Why is your hair cut like that? You did it because you wanted to and I wanted to do this! Now leave me alone and stop watching me when I get in the shower!" Or you can just say "It cant be all show and no go you know." OR if you really want to confuse them and they dont know much about cars just say "Well the old engine had a .00986 compression ratio with the dual cam forged piston connecting rods. The oil pan ajusting springs were 10% off center. it just made sense to go with the dual carbon coated triple bypass aluminum head gasket plating. With the proper crankshaft postion sensor timing I could definately gain 27.98 k/g extra force at the syncro pulley." :confused2: :crying:
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

Originally posted by Franko:
"Well the old engine had a .00986 compression ratio with the dual cam forged piston connecting rods. The oil pan ajusting springs were 10% off center. it just made sense to go with the dual carbon coated triple bypass aluminum head gasket plating. With the proper crankshaft postion sensor timing I could definately gain 27.98 k/g extra force at the syncro pulley." :confused2: :crying:
LMFAO

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”