turbooooo?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Jon_Carnie

Re: turbooooo?

Post by Jon_Carnie »

street-imports.com is supposed to be coming out with a v6 turbo kit early summer...dunno if that helps your or not... :shrug:
o0hal0bender0o

Post by o0hal0bender0o »

honestally, i jus want the cheapest, FASTEST way to get my car faster is all...
o0hal0bender0o

Post by o0hal0bender0o »

i should jus drop that 200 horse 2.5 in there... i mean why the hell not? could i turbo that too? or would that be a BIG custom job too?
korban

Post by korban »

if you stick with the 1.8 or get the klze the job is still custom for the turbo. getting the klze would be alot better as you dont have to run as much boost and your engine will run alot longer.

all in all turbo is a big undertaking .. you can get about 5-7 psi safely with turbo or supercharge on stock klze internals. Anymore your doing internals (more money). way out your options if you in the states and you want speed and got cash just buy a bloody evo they can be made 500hp on stock internals .. sick sick sick ..

the mx-3 is a total sleeper though , alot of people who have supercharged or turbo have bumped there hp up to about 350 stock .. you could get 500 out of a klze easy but internals would need to be done and a nice big turbo would help with heat issues as a small turbo will probably cause more grief than good, remember small space, especially if you have ac in there.. battery has to be moved to add intercooler unless you really want to get creative :) . but hey a huge turbo would eliminate the need for huge intercooler.

If you looking for the quickest bang for the buck .. bottom line is KLZE Swap with 100 wet shot of nos. Providing you can drive it well youll be in low 12's - low 13's easy in the 1/4 mile..
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Originally posted by Jon_Carnie:
street-imports.com is supposed to be coming out with a v6 turbo kit early summer...dunno if that helps your or not... :shrug:
and i just spent $600 on 280 degree cams, boy i wish i had known this
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Damious

Post by Damious »

Originally posted by korban:
If you looking for the quickest bang for the buck .. bottom line is KLZE Swap with 100 wet shot of nos.
can the ze handle a 100 shot of nitrous? that would be amasing... thats 300 hp right there... :2thumbsup: (oh ya, thats right, i can add!)

oh and on a side note: if u have an intercooler without forced induction its just mostly for show right? like... it doesn't actually help all that much does it? ive seen a couple of ppl's cars that have them... but no Turbo

<small>[ May 18, 2004, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Trancelucent ]</small>
-Damian

***if u know of/have a mx-3 GS with a blown engine and live around me... let me know ;) ***
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

it's pretty pointlesss to put an intercooler without turbo since there's no hot air to be cooled...you'll only suffer from pressure drop :shrug:
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

Originally posted by babyblueMX3:
it's pretty pointlesss to put an intercooler without turbo since there's no hot air to be cooled...you'll only suffer from pressure drop :shrug:
there is no pressure drop when your not "turboed"

there is no point to put an intercooler on a non turboed car
just get a coldair intake
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by Marlon:
Originally posted by babyblueMX3:
there is no pressure drop when your not "turboed"
There is, indeed, pressure drop. The pressure that fills the cylinders on the inlet stroke is atmospheric pressure. Resistance to the flow through the induction tract results in pressure drop. The intercooler presents resistance to flow.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “Forced Induction”