headgasket??( Compression/bore)

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Shady469
Supporting Member

headgasket??( Compression/bore)

Post by Shady469 »

http://www.nipponpower.com/engine/gasket/cometic_hp.html<p>i was looking at the one for the m1 miata.. what is the stock bore of the b6t(stock pistons rings) and should i bump up or down the compression for higher boost(but stonger low end)? and how that would translate into what millimeter?<p>thanx in advance
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
JWMotorsports

Re: headgasket??( Compression/bore)

Post by JWMotorsports »

The B6T's stock compression is 7.9:1 which is EXTREMELY boost friendly! Personally thats where I'm staying because of the BIG 28-29PSI of boost pressure I'll be running. As for going above 18PSI, even on my big turbo, it's suggested that you use a metal head gasket from a Miata, then do forged pistons & rods. Thats pretty much the minimum I'd recommend. So unless you want on over 250WHP you don't have to upgrade the head gasket or bottom end. I'm going to be pushing around 300WHP on the stock bottom end and head gasket when racing. The hardest part is tunning it to do so safely. Derrick at Corksport knew a guy running 23PSI on the stock motor for MONTHS racing it. It didn't blow till he had a fuel issue, then it exploded one of the pistons.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Forced Induction”