BOV chatter?? Anyone have this prob?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

BOV chatter?? Anyone have this prob?

Post by cjthor »

Well I just came back from lunch and set my turbo timer. As I was walking away from my car I heard this lil knock knocking noise comin from the engine.. I popped the hood and it is my BOV plunger opening and closing juust enough to make noise. Any ideas? I have the vac line running to the nipple right behind the throttle body. Help!!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
JWMotorsports

Re: BOV chatter?? Anyone have this prob?

Post by JWMotorsports »

What BLOV are you using???
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

try adjusting the spring rate of the valve.we had to mess with it on my Blitz...
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I have a Turbo XS type H-34.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

if it doesn't have an adjustment screw on the top....like my blitz ssbov dual drive :D <p>you need to put some washers in it to keep it closed at idle. once you have NO air escaping at idle, you're set.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Its trying to tell you something in morse code..."Jared....OH Jared....more boost!! MOre boost!!" just kiddin...sorry i had to say that..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
Its trying to tell you something in morse code..."Jared....OH Jared....more boost!! MOre boost!!" just kiddin...sorry i had to say that..<hr></blockquote><p>Jarid's gunna kill himself with the boost he has. The fool was drivin and filming at the same time.......not too safe if ya ask me ;) <p>HAHAHA, Awesome vid tho Jarid.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

OOOOOHHHHHH nooooo NOT THAT POS!!!!! I had the same one on my car. Now it's a paper weight cuz the TXS stuff SUCKS!!!!!! I've had person after person tell me this and I've experianced it my self. Mine went all to s@it after a few months of summer heat. Instead of going ....SSSSwwwwooooossshhhh, it just went tatatata. So I rejuvenated it with some WD-40. They use rubber O-rings (stupid!!!). Then slowly it started leaking under boost, so I put another pack washer in. Then my turbo blew up a few months later. Then I replaced the turbo. With the new turbo it took 8 pack washers to keep it from leaking. Then the turbo started going down hill again. Then the stupid Type H-34 Racing Bypass Valve started leaking, louder n louder with 8 FREAKING pack washers!. So I took it of and put my stock bypass valve back on. Now I get about 30miles more to a tank of gas but they second turbo is still battle worn and droping boost on the top end of the power band (It didn't used to).<p>This is why I'm doing the following:<p>-Use TXS Type H-34 Racing Bypass Valve as paper weight
-Replace it with a REAL BLOV, I'm gonna go with the HKS SSQV ;) It uses a pull style relief valve instead of the push type that is common. The pull type on the HKS makes it IMPOSSIBLE for it to leak!!!!
-Use IHI VJ-13 & VJ-14 parts as display pieces
-Replace with a custom spec 400HP Garrett T3 Ballistic Dual Ball Bearing turbo base of the HKS GT Ballistic turbos (GT2835). Mine will have a T3 exhaust housing with something like a .60-.64 A/R.
LAG does aid in traction! The power on this turbo is VERY lenear!! ;) <p>The 400HP T3 should be on in about 4weeks!!! Depends on how much time I have to play.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Forced Induction”