help (with B6T swap)!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Shady469
Supporting Member

help (with B6T swap)!

Post by Shady469 »

its got fluid, all the elec connections are hooked up and the disty and plugs are getting juice.when its at TDC the cam gears are "I" strait up and "E" staight up(when looking left to right). and the firing order is good.
first off i know my battery sucks: after two attempts at starting it is dead.
but it'll try to start(rumbles from exhaust, rpms go up) and it'll catch and run for a split sec then die.
other than the battery what else do u think it could be? all the vacs are hooked up aswell. we r going to try and jump start it later on ans see what she does.
thanx in advance
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
ikedasquid

Re: help (with B6T swap)!

Post by ikedasquid »

If it seems to sputter but just won't run on it's own (and you've got spark and fuel) make absolutely certain that the cam sprockets are not off by just 1 tooth. The engine will barley run (or just barley not run/idle) if you have one of the cams off.
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

it was gettin too much fuel(fouled the plugs) so we leaned it out a little and we redid the cams crank to TDC and still no luck even with a new battery. with the new batt it had a big first attempt but then died again. this is no good. <p>the hood scoop is coming along nicely though.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

the disty is correctly set up?<p>sounds like an off firing of te plugs caused by late or early firing to me
:shrug:
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

recheck the firing order. this has bitten me a couple times. also check the rotor for correct installation. dont know about the b6t but the sohc has aftermarket manufacturers making them to go on 2 different ways!! just some ideas.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

JWMotorsports came down so we could have both cars side by side. he fixed the disty and the firing order to how his is. the only problem now(we think ) is that the timing is way off. it'll start up now first try... go up to 2,000 for a few sec, then down to 1k then die. checked for vac leaks and no sign of one. does this sound like a timing prob or something else? lemme know what you guys think.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

sounds like something is wrong with the idle valve. doesnt sound like a vacuum leak at all. if u still want to check for v leaks spray carb cleaner or starting fluid around all vacuum connections to check. coolant air pockets have also gave me this prblem before. the sensor picks up the air in the system and gives a false reading, again just another guess. other than than check the engine timing compared to the book and all other conectors. have fun!!
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

see thats the thing... it doesnt idle long enough for it to be those probs.it runs for 30 seconds max and thats once in a blue moon. everything is tdc and no vac leaks. it was getting to much fuel but we leaned it out. i have no idea...
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

check and see if the mass air is good
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

well i found out that my injectors are the wronge impedance... BUT! when i put the stock SOHC ones in it didnt do anything (even with the s-afc all the way up). i double checked the connections and everything is right. so what does this mean when the wrong injectors will get her to spit/sputter sometimes run and the correct ones wont even do that? is my ECU fried? im about sick of messing with the damned thing...
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I hope when you did the injectors you didn't get the harnesses plug up out of sequence did ya??? One of my friends did that when swapping on a new JG Intake Manifold. You might have to use a multi-meter to trace them back to the ECU & find out. It would cause some pretty crazy running problems!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

P.S.<p>Make sure the Super AFC is setup right. Here some things to check off the top of my head with out looking at mine;<p>-Settings under the ETC menu of the AFC
-4cyl
-throttle arrow points down and to the right I think
-Sensor should be setup as Flap style
-In should be 5, and out should be 5. You have to set it up as an 87-88 RX-7 w/ 13B
-Settings under the SETTINGS menu
-Set HIGH & LOW throttle to 0% all the way across the RPM band while using the stock injectors.
-Leave the Decel Air turned off, you won't need it.<p>
One other thing you need to check...make sure your fuel pressure regulator has a vacume line going to one of the vacume nozzles on the driver side of the intake manifold. This way it sees a strong vacume. Hopefully I'll be able to come up & help you some this week. Hit me up on Monday & we'll set something up. Hope this helps ya a little more! I've got the whole front end tore off my car right now fixing my striped manifold stud threads in the head!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Forced Induction”