turbo upgrades

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
992mmx3

turbo upgrades

Post by 992mmx3 »

Looking to upgrade the turbo sometime in July, any suggestions, I'm thinking t3, garret. Anyone have any experience with turbonetics? Any other suggestions or price ranges or good people to buy from that are easy to deal with? New to the turbo charged world, so any suggestions or recommendations would be cool.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
boostedmx

Re: turbo upgrades

Post by boostedmx »

i would definately invest in a gt series ball bearing turbo. the quality and durability is unmatched. price is scary but well worth the expense..
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I was afraid someone was gonna say ball bearing, lol, they are very expensive. I've heard they last longer than a traditional turbo. Also, does anyone recommend water-cooled, or switching to oil cooled?
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 992mmx3:
I was afraid someone was gonna say ball bearing, lol, they are very expensive. I've heard they last longer than a traditional turbo. Also, does anyone recommend water-cooled, or switching to oil cooled?<hr></blockquote><p>Actually you should get both oil and water cooled
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
pelado

Post by pelado »

oil cooled?
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Yes my man, all turbo's are oil cooled AFAIK.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by VizualXTC:
Yes my man, all turbo's are oil cooled AFAIK.<hr></blockquote><p>Wow, you're a genius.<p>Oil is for lubrication mainly. The oil can only cool the turbo so much, untill it coaks to the bearings. An oil cooler in the nose of the car would help.<p>Running water would be the viable solution to your cooling.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jaydog5678:
Wow, you're a genius.
<hr></blockquote><p>What the Fukk is that? Why are you being an *** hole? Who the fukk do you think you are?
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

Peace Guys!!
European Mx3 GsRT
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

What kind of oil coolers are you guys running, stock? How about on fmic setups, you guys just relocate?
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by VizualXTC:
<p> Who the fukk do you think you are?<hr></blockquote><p>Ryan, this is GOD.
Not trying to be a Richard, a little sarcasm maybe, so cheer up. :) <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 992mmx3:
What kind of oil coolers are you guys running, stock? How about on fmic setups, you guys just relocate?<hr></blockquote><p> My BP-T has a factory oil cooler on the back of the block, incorporated into the oil filter housing. It would really perform marginal on the track, but for daily commuting it should work fine. There's really not a whole lot of room in the front for an oil cooler, but that all depends what type of front end you're using. Make sure you have sufficient air flow in front of and on the back side. If you're going to race, it helps to have one to keep your turbo from losing it's cool. ;)
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Very cool, thinking of getting the greddy 10 spindle design, can't really justify spending almost a grand on it though if I'm only going to the track like 3 times a year. We'll see how this all pans out, thanks for the input guys!
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Spending a grand ait worth it in your case. Just go to www.summitracing.com & get one of their oil cooler kits. I'm still running factory components on my car.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
maldo

Post by maldo »

Don't waste your money on Greedy, you are just paying for the name.<p>Go buy a Mocal cooler and all the fittings, cost will be around $400-$600 depending on which cooler you go with. Quality is much better.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

The greddy is actually around $600 too, I've heard pretty good stuff about them, but I see what you're saying about buying the name, is mocal better do you think?
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Return to “Forced Induction”