Limited appeal for mx3 in UK

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
ukmx3owner

Limited appeal for mx3 in UK

Post by ukmx3owner »

Just a question,

Having recently been drawn into buying my V6, I have found very few quality club, info or parts sites in the UK!

It appears that british don't rate this great car.

The UK club link listed on this site is dead.

Does anyone know of any other good UK based MX-3 resourse? Web or otherwise.

Reason I ask is that I need a replacement front coil spring (pair for good measure)
simon_brown75

Re: Limited appeal for mx3 in UK

Post by simon_brown75 »

Hmmm.. your post has me worried since I'm thinking of buying an MX-3 V6 and I'm in the UK. Will Mazda dealers have parts supplies for the MX-3 still?

I don't want to buy a car I can't get serviced/fixed at my local mazda dealer (even if it's expensive).
simon_brown75

Post by simon_brown75 »

Also I've read they are expensive to service - but does anyone know how expensive?
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Yea, MAZDA still do the parts for the MX3. But there are a few companies out there that do parts. Like the company 'German Sweedish & French' last time I went there asking for parts for my Clio They were also expanding and doing Jap cars too.

Servising is quite expnsive. A lot of places see the little amount of room under the hood and say its too difficult to operate under there.
ukmx3owner

Post by ukmx3owner »

Yep, servicing is quite dear!

But no dearer than MR2, MGF and all other little nippy "sports" coupe.

b.t.w. I saw (was overtaken by) a nice black mx-3 V6 on the way back from lincoln today (K-Plate)

Are there more of us in the UK than I first thought?
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

on the age of the car's for mx3 unless you have a 97 / 98 wi 20k on the clock i would say do the service's yourself! a full service history is gonna add very little to the price on an mx3 as most people won't consider buying them because of expensive insurance and lack of after market support.

parts are relatively easy to get hold of and as said before they ain't nowhere near as expensive as the mr2. + shipping of parts is quite easy.

there are lot's of mx3's and if you take notice their driver's are the older end of the market > if you know what i mean> tends to be grey haired old giffers driving them. Most young lads can't touch the cost of insurance on them > and if they could they tend to buy euyropean car's.

they are an overlooked car when it comes to modification and many that are modified seem to be done on the cheap i've only seen a few nice ones on this forum and that's it.
ukmx3owner

Post by ukmx3owner »

Overlooked Fullstop! I think.

So far (8 weeks) I've been more impressed than any other car I've had, thats not saying much, mind :-)

Seems to be a few UK owners responding to this post! I'm quite ncouraged.

I've posted this next question before, but perhaps to the wrong audience : Anyone know of any UK websites for the 3?

If there are none, do we want one?
ukmx3owner

Post by ukmx3owner »

on the age of the car's for mx3 unless you have a 97 / 98 wi 20k on the clock i would say do the service's yourself! a full service history is gonna add very little to the price on an mx3 as most people won't consider buying them because of expensive insurance and lack of after market support.
I would agree with 'self service' also, although, A local garage changed coolant,oil,brake fluid, all filters, Spk Plgs, fixed rattly heatshield on exhaust, pre-mot style checkover & inspection for £200. I supplied the service parts from a factor for £58. Even stamped my book!

Try axadirect for insurance, I've quoted several friends happy with their prices.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Yea if you know anything about under the hood get it done your self. It aint that hard really and it saves a tonne or two.

As for a 3 web site in the UK.
I dont think theres enough of us MX owners over here to make it work, just look at the european section on here, it isnt exactly booming. I find this site fine and the people here are real helpful.
ukmx3owner

Post by ukmx3owner »

Yeah, get your point.

I'm just so enthused (if thast how u spell it) about my new 3, I wouldn't mind creating a site. I do a lot of webbie stuff at work, and a website for us uk owners would be handy, maybe?

just a sug.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”