Nitrous Questions

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
torpedan

Re: Nitrous Questions

Post by torpedan »

A dry shot is a show of nitrous into the intake system (via one way or another) with no extra fuel being sent into with the shot.. This is BAD. some systems claim to tell the ecu to add more fuel but i wouldnt put much money on them.. Wet system inject nitrous and fuel at the same time to be sure the mixture stays how it needs to be to ensure less risk of damage to the motor. <P>yes the shot number is the projected HP gain. pending ignition setup/timing/fuel management. <P>Nittous oxide is significatally more oxygen rich then air so when mixed with fuel and brought to the right tempratur it will separate and detonate. =] As a result a better air/fuel mixture + more air/fuel in the ignition chamer results in a reallly big bang. across the board a 50 shot should yeild close to what its worth =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Wet Shot: sprays fuel and nitrous oxide out of the same nozzle.<BR>Dry Shot: sprays nitrous out of a nozzle and increases fuel pressure of stock injectors to add enough fuel for the nitrous.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

read this it will tell you everything you wanna know about it... <A HREF="http://www.importtuner.com/archives/tec ... ch03.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.importtuner.com/archives/tec ... 3.shtml</A>
Steve
pelado

Post by pelado »

I got the dreaded "page not found" message with that link but I believe this one works:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0205it_nitrous/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0205it_nitrous/</A>
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

if you dont know the diffence between a wet and dry shot... YOU DONT BELONG CONSIDERING NITROUS OXIDE!!!
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 93mxrgs:<BR><STRONG>if you dont know the diffence between a wet and dry shot... YOU DONT BELONG CONSIDERING NITROUS OXIDE!!!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And if he LEARNS the difference, then I guess he can consider nitrous, eh? Lighten up!
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

well if he searched he would find his answers... or maybe looked at a manufactuers sight... im just tryin to save him the time... so he doenst jump into sumthin he isnt ready for
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

hey man dont worry about it....there was a time when I didn't know s--- about anything....and I still dont' know it all so keep learning and if you have any other questions I will try and answer them for you
Steve
jspecmazdaman

Post by jspecmazdaman »

How come most people on her are so deffensive and quick to prove their point?
pickinganame

Post by pickinganame »

some people just like to think there smarter then others when they right offensive posts so just ignore it and go on...
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Well said my fellow MXers...dude one way i learned quite a bit about car audio...i bought a book. Sure, it cost me 25 dollars or so, but it was worth every penny...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

This is true but with so much knowledge to be shared and such its a shame that someone should have to go buy something when they can learn so much here. Esp when there is a message board dedicated to people who own one type of car.

Return to “Forced Induction”