need a little more wisdom please

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Noobi

need a little more wisdom please

Post by Noobi »

I am looking at 4 mx-3s located in Florida (doesn't seem to be a lot of them around here.) Here are the 4 options:

1993 GS 93k miles $3500 white
1993 GS 124k miles $1950 white
1994 RS 91k miles $2850 teal
1994 RS 78k miles $1995 red

I appreciate any input as to which one seems to be the best deal, assuming that all are in decent working condition relative to the mileage. I noted the color of the cars just for curiosity's sake, but it doesn't matter that much to me. It might be useful to know that I won't be doing an engine swap anytime soon if ever, although I would probably be more tempted to do so if I got an RS.

Thanks again.
Silver O1 Miata LS 6spd
http://www.cardomain.com/id/noobiata
MX3-Freak

Re: need a little more wisdom please

Post by MX3-Freak »

'94 RS, 2nd cheapest, and least miles/newest (with newer interior, which I prefere). It isnt fast stock, but a BP or BPT swap later on down the road will settle your need for speed, if you ever have one. This is assuming that the body is in decent shape (body work is always the most $$)
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Its really up to you. You have to think about what you want really. Color, GS or RS, low miles are always good, 5-speed or auto. What do you want? You have 4 to chose from and I only had one so consider yourself lucky :) Mine was 4 colors when I bought it.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
DJ

Post by DJ »

Hmmm, to bad the GS arent 94's. I really prefer the better looking interior that come with 94's and up. But i would check them all out and make sure you take someone that knows alot about cars.
Some guy tried to sell me a 1995 MX3 GS V6 in london ontario for like 5500cdn. Brought my dad and he just ripped the guy trying to sell it apart. It was in an accident and not repaired properly. They even had missing screws for most of the front so it was just hanging there. It was chopped up inside because someone did a half assed custom stereo install. Plus the guy did a quick paint job to hide the rust and make it look alright, was to lazy to even paint inside of the doors. Finally, to top it off the frame was rusted to **** and he said it passed safety. So I pretty much told him to **** off. Then I found a 94' GS V6 5spd with only 100,000KM on it in perfect condition and rust proofing from day one and custom leather interior.
So just keep your eyes open, people are (specially dealers) are out to **** you over. The guy pretty much made it look nice so some sucker would buy it and not notice it was about to fall apart.

Used cars all depend on how the previous owner looked after it. The one with more miles on it could be in better condition because they did oil changes and all that when it needed to be done. While the car with half as much milage was owned by some blonde who changed the oil only when the engine light came on after 90k miles.

<small>[ April 13, 2004, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: DJ ]</small>
Noobi

Post by Noobi »

All five of the cars listed are 5 spds. I haven't even been looking for ones with Auto. Right now I'm torn between the cheaper GS b/c it is a V6 and it is the cheapest of the bunch, and the cheapest RS b/c it is newer and has fewer miles on it than the rest. I don't think I've seen any other MX-3's for sale with mileage that low. My options of course may decrease as I find out more about the cars.

<small>[ April 13, 2004, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Noobi ]</small>
Silver O1 Miata LS 6spd
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

So true, this is why you look at them all, and judge the personality of the person who is selling it. Then compare what you think to the actualy codition of the car. What I said was assuming the same person was owning them all I guess...man I was tierd LOL.
Car Meanins:
Noobi

Post by Noobi »

Well I did say in the first post to assume they are all in decent condition, so you have an out right there. The way I look at it, the more opinions I get, the better. This board is full of people that know a lot more about MX-3s and cars in general than I do.
Silver O1 Miata LS 6spd
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I like the older style dashboard. Less complex and bulky looking. You have a better view with the old dash. Plus airbags add weight ;)
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Plus airbags add weight
And lower insurance lol....important for a kid like me :D
Car Meanins:
DJ

Post by DJ »

My 1994 doesn't have air bags... I must of got the death trap edition or something.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”