white painted interior questions

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
D_Gagne

white painted interior questions

Post by D_Gagne »

hey guys im in the acctions of painting my interior white :dunno:
92 mx3,lime green paint 18 inch motegi mr7's,blitz front n rear bumper,fx side skirts,isotta wheel,ractive seats,ractive gtr aluminum wing,apexi exhaust, www.cardomain.com/id/livin_lime_mazda
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Re: white painted interior questions

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Barry has a nice how to here...
http://www.barrykclark.com/paintparts.htm
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

i recently painted my interior silver and used krylon paint and it looks great. but ive heard people say dont use krylon, im not sure why not though. cant argue with results imo.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
D_Gagne

Post by D_Gagne »

what would i use for the top of the dash and doors tho not to insirts but the actual door everything is gonna be white every peice of interior and the trim peices are gonna be lime green so what shiould i use just like viynol paint and clean up the panels with rubbing alcohol thanx for any advice :confused2:
92 mx3,lime green paint 18 inch motegi mr7's,blitz front n rear bumper,fx side skirts,isotta wheel,ractive seats,ractive gtr aluminum wing,apexi exhaust, www.cardomain.com/id/livin_lime_mazda
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I've heard good things about krylon. I was at the paint store the other day buying clear and the guy there said he used krylon in his neon and he said he can't even scratch it off... I've seen a lot of ****ty interiors tho, so do it right the first time...
xian55x

Post by xian55x »

people might say krylon is ****ty beacuse it is a very watered down paint. however, yellow and reds tend to be the worse, others are not so bad.
know all this from experience in graffiti :p
D_Gagne

Post by D_Gagne »

ok guys ive almost have all of my interior out and started im using krylon fusion viynol paint and just last night i attempted to paint my door panel not the insirt but the whole panel and for some odd reason the paint does not wanna try can sombody please help me out :confused2:
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

If it's not bonding with the surface and it cracks and stuff or just doesn't work. Your using the wrong paint for that surface.

For the plastic use a primer adhesive after light sanding. Then paint(for plastic), then a clearcoat. The paint has to have rubber consistency so it will move when the panel is flexed.

I beleive about a month ago someone had some good luck with some stuff. Try the search, cause I can't remember the name of the stuff...
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info

Return to “Appearance”