Hey Marsh !!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Spotted

Hey Marsh !!

Post by Spotted »

Just a suggestion, but I'm betting a lot of people here might just be interested in a CF Cargo cover. I know I would..

:welder:
:welder:
storm99

Re: Hey Marsh !!

Post by storm99 »

Hell yes! Count me in!
:2thumbsup:
Racing
\Ra"cing\, a. & n. from Race, v. t. & i.
The alchemy that turns base metals into heat, noise, power
and motion.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/storm99
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

this was discussed a few weeks ago, he's not going to do it for good reasons. sure we all want one(i know im dying for one, it would look amazing) but he made a good point that it just wont last because of the heat its exposed to. maybe someone could make a plastic one and put the vinyl carbon fiber sticker stuff on it like what sam did with his dash pieces.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

hehe.. actually i'm working on a cf cargo cover. :D that sticker stuff is cool and all, but it's no where near as sweet as real carbon fiber! i duno why marsh would say it wouldnt hold up in the heat.. arent there special resins and sprays to protect it from heat and sun damage? but anywayz if u wanted to make a custom cargo cover (stronger and smoother) u could make it outta fiberglass. wouldnt be that hard too.. then a layer of cf would look nice and be strong. i dont know what i'm doing :welder: so dont take me seriously LOL.. but i'll post up pix of some of the random pieces i've made later
~ sam

<small>[ September 10, 2004, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Sam Baker ]</small>
92 Autozam AZ3
thebox

Post by thebox »

why would the heat bother this thing and not a hood? i'm confused.
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

lol ya i know sam, nothings as sweet as real carbon fiber(by the way hows the carbon fiber cat coming along? my dog is second on the list! lol) im making a fiberglass one currently and if i could ever get my hands on some cf i would wrap the fiberclass in it.
but about the whole heat thing, im sure you've stepped into your car thats been sitting out in the sun, and its like stepping into a sauna room. with no circulation of cool air(wind) until you drive it or open the doors. where as with a hood its got full access to cool moving air. im not saying it cant be done, these heat resistant resins you speak of intrigue me(i dont know much about cf, so i wasnt aware of these)
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

pretty sure carbon fiber and fiberglass use similar resins (*but again.. i really dont know what i'm doing hehehe) and i'm sure you've seen cf dashboards and such. those are left open to the sun at all times, unless you have a cover or park in a garage.. so there's got to be a way. also, they have cf "cargo cover"-like things for civic hatchbacks, which would be the same kinda thing. it's possible.. just would take some special stuff i guess :D

btw.. the cat is still in the producton stages, but i'll take pix for u as soon as it's cured! :welder: MUAHAHAHAHA!!! no more meowing at 1am is very nice
92 Autozam AZ3

Return to “Appearance”