new mx3 owner, need help

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mx-III97

new mx3 owner, need help

Post by mx-III97 »

can anyone give me some advise on what i can do to make my ride look nice... my goal is to make my car look decent with aftermarket product such as a bodyki, rims, wing..... i dont really know too much about this car it was just given to me but am willing to take it to a new level..... so can anyone help out...
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: new mx3 owner, need help

Post by babyblueMX3 »

my first advice for you would have to be to go trough the mx-3.com main page.. check out what is offered for our car..

then go to cardomain.com and check out some other mx-3 rides..it'll give you some ideas.

we can't really tell you what to do to your car.. It's up to you..it's your taste
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
mx-III97

Post by mx-III97 »

thanks.... but do u know where i can purchase body kits for a really good price... something in good quality but cheap in price... any idea.. certain companies to look at if any...
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

the real question is, how much are you looking to spend?
there are a fair amount of kits out there, id say the most popular kits are the FX designs one, and the MP5 kit made by onderground-design.com, the MazdaSpeed kit is also popular. rims are tough, because there are an endless amount of different styles out there, go to your local speed shops and see what they have and see what you think would look best.
hope this helps.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

yo, where in california are you from? drop me an e-mail. we can chop it up!

<small>[ July 28, 2004, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: illicitQ ]</small>
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
mx-III97

Post by mx-III97 »

thanks for the quiqk tips... but to to say im on a real slim budget is funny but its the truth. i aint really know much about this car i just drive it. my budget is about $300-500.... it my sound cheap but right now thats what i am.... im from Fresno... keep replyin if possible... all your tips will help... thanks ya'll
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

if thats your budget you wont be able to go "big". rims are usually around $1000 with tires. so thats out, you can get a front bumper replacement, or a spoiler, but that would top your budget with just the 1 item. you should use the money to more subtle mods in the interior, like painting the dash, new steering wheel, pedals, shifter knob, etc. you could also get an exaust system but again, that would top out your budget with just one item. hope this helps you out, good luck on the car, you will surely love it.
Happy Motoring, Chris.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Originally posted by mx-III97:
thanks.... but do u know where i can purchase body kits for a really good price... something in good quality but cheap in price... any idea.. certain companies to look at if any...
"Cheap" and "Quality" USUALLY do not go hand in hand.

Remember that you get what you pay for.

I would not spend that money on cosmetic changes to the MX-3. Yo umay find a kit for that much-- but then you gotta pay shipping then have someone install it & then paint it. That $ would be gone on ONE item.

I recommend that you get some lowering springs and an air intake/cold air intake for that $$.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

ahhh fresno. not that close, but not too far. i would say go with new struts and springs and intake just as atlanta says. those are said to be the most cost effective upgrades. now the question is, do you have the V6 or the i4?
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
mx-III97

Post by mx-III97 »

thanks.... but is there any certain links or companies i can look at to see what fits my needs the best.....
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

what are you looking for anyway? do you want performance? handling? styling?
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

with looks.. you can do simple things like painting your dash trim pieces.. getting clear turn signals and markers.. ehh, front diffusers? if you're into that i guess.. and for a cheap (compared to others) body kit, check out Krazy Kustoms. they distribute in Cali too, so it would be even cheaper than their already low prices :D good luck, have fun
92 Autozam AZ3
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

On your budget, a good complete suspension set up is out of the question. What you need to do is save up a little longer and buy a nice set of 17's and a set of lowering springs. A small drop like the Intrax springs will suit you just fine on stock struts. Aftermarket rims and a lower stance do a stock mx-3 wonders in the appearance department. Once you get rims and lower it, and only once you do that, add a nice aftermarket muffler to help improve the appearance even more. Please don't get an aftermarket exhaust with stock wheels and stock height. Looks nothing but nasty. Once you get a little more to spend, do yourself a favor and do a motor swap:)
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Oh one more thing...check your local paper or auto trader for rims. You can usually find some good wheels for a good price. I know thats where I found my first set of 17's with tires for 600 bucks. You can do a search on google for Intrax, also check out H and R and Eibach as well.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx-III97

Post by mx-III97 »

thanks for the replies..... righty now im going for the styling of my car.... i want it to look nice.. im not really into the speed.... im just trying to floss on the cheap tip... for the v6 or i4... i think its an i4 but like i said not really a motor head... is there any links or certain web sites i can search for like body kits , fenders, wing..... along those lines... if so respond back..... thank for the tips and the help.... i can see ya'll know more than i do so keep replyin back

Return to “Appearance”