hi guys i am new and have a few questions

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
justintoxicated

hi guys i am new and have a few questions

Post by justintoxicated »

hi,
my name is justin and i have just purchased a mazda mx-3 from my friend for $1000 about 2 months ago. i have been checking out the site now for about a month and find it very informative. the car is a 92 mx-3 1.8l v6 5 speed...i really think it is a cool car. my buddy that owned it before me did a lot of work to it and really loved the car (he sold it to me because he had to make payments on his new vw gti) before this car i owned an 89 ford tempo that is now dead. anyway the work the car has done on it are a custom cone intake, and a loud as F*** exhaust (i am planning on replacing) altezza lights in the back, and the fx designs front combat spoiler, and side skirts (i think combat as well), and also fender flares in the front (i need to instal them in the back). now for the questions...i heard of people using crx, integra, and i believe civic lights in the holes of the body kit for turn signals...has anyone done this, and does anyone have any pics of the car with them on? i wanna see which lights look the best, because i am gonna instal them soon...also, what are good foglights that fit perfectly into the wholes for them on the kit? any suggestions? also i was wondering about putting on side blinkers on the front and possibly side markers on the fenders...anyone know if that is a good idea to cut into the fiberglass kit to install them? has anyone done this? also did the car come stock with either of these? my car has neither. ill try to get a pic up of the car soon to show you guys, and sorry the post is so long. im glad to be a part of the community. thanks guys.
Got Rice? You do!
killerpickle

Re: hi guys i am new and have a few questions

Post by killerpickle »

nice buy, that seems cheap?
Anyway welcome to the forums!
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

$1,000.00 for that car? Yah, bs (Unless the engine is blowen)
justintoxicated

actually it is not bs. the car runs great has everything listed and cost me 1000 dollars, like i said he needed to get rid of it to pay for his gti...anyway any help would be apreciated...
Got Rice? You do!
tical

Post by tical »

great deal man.... i payed 6 g's for my 93 gs. of course mine had barely been drivin on cause it was owned by a girl its whole life, so when i got it, i had to break it in to get it use to be drivin by a guy now...hehe........but yeah, great deal and welcome to our community
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Welcome. It's not a problem drilling a hole in fiderglass. But try to cut it before you paint it.

later,
dee
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
justintoxicated

hey thanks guys...ill try to get pics up in a day or so of the car
Got Rice? You do!
eore

Post by eore »

cool. welcome. i havne't personally seen any mx3's with civic projectors but my friend sam says that they look pretty good on the mx3 after you do some custom work to get it to fit where the original headlight was. personally i wuldn't use the civic projectors cuz civics are the enemy. but go ahead if u want to it'll prolly look pretty cool on ur car with the body kit an everything else u plan on putting on the car. good luck.
marcus2966

Post by marcus2966 »

Get the C/F altezzas. They look much better (I think) than clear... :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
Roll with it or get rolled over mother%@#er!
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/478582_8_full.jpg
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Or, buy the clear for the $, but then paint the lense red tint with a few clear coats on it. The last time I saw this done looked really nice.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt

Return to “Appearance”