Estimate on body kit + paintjob

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mnuckols

Estimate on body kit + paintjob

Post by mnuckols »

I was wondering what you guys estimate it would cost to have the Krazy Kustomz Drift Kit(if it is ever done) molded on + fully paint my car + remove all dents and such..I know it depends on where I go but I was just wondering about an avg price. My car is currently black and plan to keep it black or if not id like to try a real dark blue color(not sure what color). How much of a difference would it cost for color change.
koreanmx-er

Re: Estimate on body kit + paintjob

Post by koreanmx-er »

1500-2500 for show quality work including body kit and paint and molding and all around fix up body work my friend got his 69 impala repainted and refinished it was white and he went to blue had dents and needed a lot of resurfacing on some of the metal cost him 3grand but now the car just looks mint

<small>[ April 12, 2004, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: koreanmx-er ]</small>
sold the mx-3 , bought 04 gtp comp g , from the smallest v6 to one of the biggest 3800 s/c FTW
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

~3K sounds about right, molding/installing body kit is extensive work, especially when you want show quality work, not some at-home junior work
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
seneca

Post by seneca »

Body work will differ from shop to shop as you know. But there is a HUGE difference in a 69' impala and an mx3. Different metals etc. Just different work. It really depends on what all you'd like painted as well....door jams, inside hatch, engine bay? In Canada (around here atleast) anywhere from 1500-4000 should do it, depending on the quality, the shop, and the shape of you car. If you're looking for the average....$2500 for a guarenteed rust proof, (5 years) show quality job. But it can be quite more!

Good Luck my friend,

Tyson
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

mines gonna be around 3 grand I'm getting a whole new color, molded custom side skirts engine bay, door jams ect. and they are puttiny my kit on better (making custom brackets)
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Wow those are really low!
A place near me, Sled Shed, does totally custom work. I plane on doing mine there. I know the kit will be ~$1200+ USD and molding is an immediate $800 or so more than bolt-on. Paint job + graphics (phantom flames, don't laugh til I'm done with it) = at least $2500~$3000, so I'm anticipating around $4500~$5000 USD. Then again, it will be in magazines after I'm finished (These guys are in custom mags all the time, they have connections). It depends on what you want to spend. :shrug:
yeah, I prob will end up changing my mind on spending all that money, but that's what I'd love to do. :2thumbsup:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

I got a paintjob just for the main body, no mirrors, door jams, or engine bay, for $2,500US. Usually you get what you pay for with body work, with some exceptions. That included taking out a few dents but the paint came out real nice. adding in molded body kits and all that, its going to be like 3,000-3,500 if your lucky andhaving quality work done.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
JoBoMX3

Post by JoBoMX3 »

I'm in the process of a body kit being molded on and a color change. I'm striving for show quality and the price that went a long with that was 5-$6000 Canadian. Pretty expensive when the body shop is molding it in, adding brackets so the kit doesnt flap. Things like that.
Chicks dig orange cars

Return to “Appearance”