center console removal..help plz

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
girliegirl

center console removal..help plz

Post by girliegirl »

ok..my car did not come with a shift boot..and im tired of staring at my bare shifter, and the "grease" pit..very ugly i know. so im trying to put in a black oem leather one i got from ebay. anyone wanna help me out? been trying to remove the center console but nothing seems to be poping out..i dont wanna break anything just yet :welder: ..any help is greatly appreciated.
Oatmeal Stirred once!
mx-3xplosiv31

Re: center console removal..help plz

Post by mx-3xplosiv31 »

ok, you have to remove the surround around the radio first, pull out the ashtray, and under it there are two screws. remove them, and it should pop off (trying to remember). after that, there are either 2 or 4 plastic screw retainers ( 1 or 2 on each side) down by the floor on the center stack, remove those, then slide your seats all the way back, and just in front of the seat bottoms, on the console, you should see a screw on each side, remove those and it should come off. then you should have access to your shifter surround. if you look under it, there should be a few screws holding the frame onto the surround, remove those to get the frame off, and put the new boot on. If there is no frame, then you need to source one from either the board or a local yard. Hope this helps, and hope that I didn't miss anything.

Aaron
Wilhelm_Fink

Post by Wilhelm_Fink »

It worked easiest for me when I removed the e-brake surround FIRST.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

its six screws, takes 2 minutes. what are you having a problem with?
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “Appearance”