Removing tint

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Genesis74

Removing tint

Post by Genesis74 »

Well, I searched the Appearance and General Mazda topics and did not find any help (other than Goo Gone).
I had a terrible tint job on the hatch. So I peeled off as much as I could. Now it looks even worse. Any suggestions on removing the rest.
Note: I have rear defrost.<p>Thanks
JasonH

Re: Removing tint

Post by JasonH »

Ammonia (not straight, mix it with water of window cleaner) or any window cleaner with ammonia (Windex) will take it off, I believe.
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

i tried the stuff like jason said. When i did it it did nothing for me at ALL. I was dissappointed with it. Personally i found what for me not only worked well but it was REALLY quick. Downside is it smells the car up for a while. What i used was cheap carb cleaner. It took the glue and such off quickly.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

if u get dishsoap diluted in water and spray it on the window than place trash bags cut so that its opened onto the window and park it in the sun for a while. its got to be hot out and sunny so the water heats up the glue. if your tint is old it most likely wont come off in once piece. i lost all but 2 rear defrosters because i was not patient enough.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

PSHT, a razorblade and patience. You may be able to use a hair dryer, but don't get it too close or it will melt it.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Appearance”