Power Window Mechanism Swap

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Bundy

Re: Power Window Mechanism Swap

Post by Bundy »

is there any difference on harness if the car comes with manual or automatic transmission? it seems like there is no wire for the power window switches for my car (mine is RS with manual transmission).

bungo
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

bump :cool:
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

RSs dont have power window. only GSs do(i think), you'll need a harness from a GS. thats what i have. but my windows arent working right now...
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

My old RS had power window and even sun-roof on it. This time, my RS didn't come with it, and it seems like the wiring connecting the body and the door panel are different. Did anyone installed ones on RS with original manual windows on it?

bungo
Romeo

Post by Romeo »

I bought my 94 mx-3 with the conversion already done to it ... There is tweets where the roll up was .. and the switches are inbetween the seats ... But a few weeks ago they just stopped working .... any help on what might be wrong with the power windwos?
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

sorry, i meant that some RSs didnt come with power. mine still arent workin. on both sides. i also have the pass. door lock acctuator hooked up and that doesnt work too.. ?? my speakers and mirrors work.
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Yes, from the plug at the hinge. It's easier. Basically the only difference is the plugs that used for the power locks and windows.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

yea i replaced both harnesses. i hope my cuzzin can figure it out. hes gonna hook me up with a security system and he said he'll fix that for me. oh yea i have a 92 RS. does it matter what year?

<small>[ April 15, 2004, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: illicitQ ]</small>
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I don't understand the problem here. Your either going to have the adapters on the harness with the power options or not. By looking at your harness you'll know if you do or don't. If you do, your lucky. If you don't, go buy a GS harness for a few dollars. That will take care of most of your problems. Just plug it into your original at your door hinge and run it through your door like your old one. Putting in the motors is a four bolt job. Shouldn't take more than an hour or so.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”