Foggy Headlights Cure in Canada

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
LiL-LaW

Foggy Headlights Cure in Canada

Post by LiL-LaW »

Hiya all, I noticed that there was already a foggy headlights section in the admin section but I couldn't post there my findings, I am making them here. I used the AUTOSOL cleaner, I bought it at a Canadian Tire for $6.99 a tube, it comes in a gold and black box, and this stuff worked amazing, in like 10 mins of polishing the lights sparkle like new, so instead of spending 200$ on a new light go buy a tube of this stuff and get em shinning like new
YellowSnow

Re: Foggy Headlights Cure in Canada

Post by YellowSnow »

i used this damaged autobody polisher thing from canadian tire..worked fine
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

kewl <BR>hmmm, but aint it a metal polisher! :D <P>neva thought those will work for this matter tooo!<BR>thas kewl, i am buyin it tommorow!<BR>hehe<BR>thanx for da suggestion eh!
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

LOL it says right on the tube it's a metal polish but on the box it says it's for like everything under the sun from brass to cremanics LOL<BR>and yes I know I can't spell worth 2 cents :D
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

There is a topc in the appearance faq regarding how to clear them up if you havent seen it already
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

Here's the result I had on my car using Autosol (and the picture of the product)<BR> Image
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Polishing compound by turtle wax also works.

Post by Guest »

Yeah, get some good old fashion wax on wax off stuff by Turtle Wax and its AMAZING. From looking at the picture, it'll make them look clearer than the aerosol stuff.

Post by Guest »

Autosol*
rye421

Post by rye421 »

I used regular old turtle wax. I let it sit on for a while and then buffed the hell outta them and they look sick.
its 420
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

i now aquired glass ones as i found a scrappys with 4 wrecked MX-3's in it. shame these glass ones wont fit yours i could sell loads hehehe
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

why wont glass headlights fit in ours?
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Post by mrmike420 »

I used that Blue Magic crap just on the outside of my lights, and it seemed to do the job, haven't did the inside of it yet, but i'll bet they'll be a lot clearer.....What's up with the glass lights, why won't they fit ours???
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
back alley

Post by back alley »

i hope this is news and not some old stuff long heard ages ago.<P>anyway, i was in a parts store today looking for brighter headlite bulbs for better nite driving. was talking to a guy there who said an old trick was to clean up the 'composite'(read plastic)lenses and then coat them with 'future' clear acryllic floor wax. wow! it works great. fills in all the small scratches and clears up the headlites like crazy. i wouldn't believe it if i had not just finished doing it myself. i used a foam paint brush, poured some of this stuff into an old margerine tub and went to work. dries fast, did 2 coats. now to see how long it lasts.<BR>if u try it, let me know how it works for u.

Return to “Appearance”