Recommendations for fitting Corksport front bumper?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
justin h

Recommendations for fitting Corksport front bumper?

Post by justin h »

I'm getting my new front bumper early next week, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for fitting it? I'm going to do it myself and was wondering what to avoid doing or whatmight help it go smoothly? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.<BR>justin

Re: Recommendations for fitting Corksport front bumper?

Post by Guest »

well i got the erubuni bumper probally the same crapy quality as the corksport one! <P>my bumper was s--- quality but after 2 hours we managed to get it to fit! hopefully like my bumper there WON'T be holes for the screws so u can fit it right and then make your own! thats how we got mine to fit. and try not to bend it to much or else u will get stress cracks easier later on in the life on teh bumper, if it even lasts very long! hit one thing and it will shatter!
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

If there are no holes for the screws its gonna be a problem. I have the fx design combat chin... had no holes..so i drilled holes and shaved them out so the head of the screw would not stick out..then I smeared putty over the screw heads and got it painted.. and dont do what i did....get rust proof screws...thanks to my ignorance Im forced to get another paint job due to stress cracks and paint chips where the screws are. And another thing.. use silicone wherever possible..that stuff holds nicely.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

do yourself a huge favour and fit the bumper before getting it painted. I've put the corksport ms nose on and it needed slight mods here and there. Nothing drastic, just like moving the drill holes on top to get the rubber piece from the old bumper to fit. I had to do a bit of sawing to get my turnsignals to fit but you have a template from the old bumper. If you need more help fitting just send me a PM I'll be glad to help. :roll:
codene

Post by codene »

yeah fx was a b---- to fit propely. lucky me someone pulled out in front of me so now i get a new one and its gonna be professinaly installed. along with my custom $250 grill which i payed $20 for at home depot (lath i think it was) anyways so i got some extra cash. :D
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dj_Pawz_GS:<BR><STRONG>well i got the erubuni bumper probally the same crapy quality as the corksport one! <P>my bumper was s--- quality but after 2 hours we managed to get it to fit! hopefully like my bumper there WON'T be holes for the screws so u can fit it right and then make your own! thats how we got mine to fit. and try not to bend it to much or else u will get stress cracks easier later on in the life on teh bumper, if it even lasts very long! hit one thing and it will shatter!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>was the bumper hard to fit on because of the holes for the screws were not matched perfectly with the mx-3 bumper screw placements? did you fix the problem by drilling in holes yourself? because i will be installing mine soon.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
justin h

Post by justin h »

I'm rather excited. I plan on tinkering with it for a little while to get it just right. My neighbor works at Best Buy and has a whole lot of tools to help me with. I just don't like that it's made of fiberglass. Oh well, what am I going to do. I'll just have to be more careful.

Post by Guest »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marshmallow15:<BR><STRONG><P>was the bumper hard to fit on because of the holes for the screws were not matched perfectly with the mx-3 bumper screw placements? did you fix the problem by drilling in holes yourself? because i will be installing mine soon.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ya mine didn;t come with any holes for bolts and the cut out for the turn signals wasn;t right either! <P>its better if u can drill your own holes so u can get it right! it doesn;t line up with the hood worth a s--- either!
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

if you dont want a fiberglass then go for the jspec that is what i going for.....it is eurthane.....just the front lip spoiler is expensive<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Return to “Appearance”