gauge cover painted

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mazdamxstyle

gauge cover painted

Post by mazdamxstyle »

WOW guys seriously i just got the idea from someone online the other day to paint the gauge cluster cover, and it looks Awesome i recommend doing this since its basically free and looks sweet just be REALLY careful when taking the cluster out everthing there is really delicate!
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
white fish

Re: gauge cover painted

Post by white fish »

I have the black part (with the 3 circles cut out) painted white <A HREF="http://www.dwm76.homestead.com/Interior.html" TARGET=_blank>Look here</A>
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

I did that 5 years ago and yes, it still looks sweet! One recommendation.. do not overaccessorize your interior guys... I hate seein these cars that look like a paint can blew up inside their ride... be subtle.. it goes a lot further!
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

nci interior whitefish.. you see the vent covers that you painted... I took my vents apart and painted the vertical fins only (the ones in behind).. my car is that raspberry anniversary colour... but it just adds the right amount of "flavour"!
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

ya i did the same thing with my seats and gauges as you did im planning on the back seats now well looks sweet later
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

I decided against painting that piece because I went for the silver gauge rings and reverse indiglos, white with blue text, and painted needles red. Aslo I was going for a suble look with just a few accents painted here and there.<P>Blikmik, what colour did you use for your interior? I also have the Raspberry edition and chose to paint some parts silver so I was just wondering what colour you used. :roll:
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

I got the raspberry paint colour code 6V put into a spray can.. you can get that dona at mopst automotive shops..don't forget the clearcoat too..just like the exterior. Because the SE is Leather interior, I went with just purple and black with a few chrome accents - pedals, and going to get momo millenium wheel, and cobra shifter.
LiquidMazda

Post by LiquidMazda »

I want to paint mine, What type of paint should I get(vinyl, or what??) , and can i just paint the Plastic?
Liquid Mazda
LiquidMazda

Post by LiquidMazda »

Whitefish, Are your seats Black/White Leather? If they are how much did that run?
Liquid Mazda
white fish

Post by white fish »

its vinyl
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

I just used off the shelf paint ill have pics in a day or two im almost done with my entire interior then ill help whoever has questions. later

Return to “Appearance”