164 not 200?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
dPmunky

164 not 200?

Post by dPmunky »

what's the deal, looking for a swap...and i've heard that the KL-ZE engine is the one from the mx-6 (supposed to be the best of the K series) and it's supposed to have 200Hp but i did some further research and only came up w/164, where did the other almost 40 Hp go???<p>http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2067
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
Talon_66

Re: 164 not 200?

Post by Talon_66 »

Apparently u didn't do enuf research.
There is a 2.5L K series engine with ~200HP, its the KL-ZE, which is the Japanese equivalent to the MX-6/626/Probe engine we have in N/A, and the North American 2.5L is 164HP.<p>Some people may blast your post, but next time do a little more research with the search function on the board.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

does that mean it's only available in japan? i know people here on the boards have the j-spec version, but is it hard to come by...er???<p>i only ask because i found a pretty decent mx-6 for sale and wanted to to some research before i bought it for parts
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

No u can get the Jspec 2.5L (KL-ZE) in Canada and the US. If u get it, make sure u get the curved neck intake. I can point u to a few sites where u can purchase the KL-ZE engine.<p>Street Imports
Corksport
Osaka JDM Motors<p>Hope this helps u out a bit.<p>As for the N/A version, u can get it from a MX6/626/Probe
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
andy

Post by andy »

200 hp is at the flywheel, the 164 is a little low but about what you get at the wheels.
Andy P. 93 GS

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”