J-spec auto good or bad?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
chertel

J-spec auto good or bad?

Post by chertel »

J-spec auto has a jas-klze-b 2.5L engine with 5 speed fwd transmission for $1650 engine includes
block
intake manifold
complete head
sensors
exhaust manifold
fuel rail
injectors
distributor
throttle body
alternator
starter
ignition wires
a/c compressor
chertel

Re: J-spec auto good or bad?

Post by chertel »

sorry switching between the j-spec website and the post a reply page and accidently hit add reply three times, sorry. And watching tv at the same time so totaly didnt notice.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Right...
So when do you plan on deleting the other 2 posts you made?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

do the trannies have LSD?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

i bought my klze from these guys jdmsource.ca they are in calgary, very good to deal with, just have to preorder the motor because they dont seem to get many in and they sell fast, also came with a curved neck manifold. they have tranny's as well but dont count on them be lsd, the cheapest i have seen a j-pec lsd go for was 950us.
1993 White gs klze.
chertel

Post by chertel »

I'll sound stupid asking but what is LSD?, I know its not acid so what does it stand for?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Limited Slip Differential
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

It the part of the trans that lets your outside tired rotate faster than your inside when your turning if i'm right.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

A stock diff will pass torque to the wheel with least resistance, so if a wheel is slipping it will get all the torque, and the wheel with grip will get none. This matters in slippery conditions, or if a drive wheel lifts on exceptionally hard cornering (the latter is, I think, more appropriate with RWD).

The LSD only allows the slipping wheel a limited amount of slip (hence the name) before it locks the two wheels together, thus restoring drive to the wheel which is not slipping.

The downside (there is always a downside) is that the mechanism uses slipping clutches, which wear out. Rebuilds are expensive.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
chertel

Post by chertel »

transmission type= Hydraulic. They are kind of expensive $1600 american engine & tranny. 30thousand miles on the engines, 60 day core warranty and positive compression tests on all engines.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by hertelchris:
transmission type= Hydraulic. They are kind of expensive $1600 american engine & tranny. 30thousand miles on the engines, 60 day core warranty and positive compression tests on all engines.
Your first post said 5 speed, so how can it be hydraulic drive (= ATX)?
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
chertel

Post by chertel »

On their website it says five speed transmission and transmission type= Hydraulic? I dont know much about tranny's?? Check out their website at J-spec. Anyways that is the transmission they are selling with the engine and was wondering if it was worth the cash?? thanx.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Is there anything wrong with your tranny? if not then just get the engine. If you just want a new tranny anyway, make sure it is indeed a 5spd. As for the price, i am sure you can find cheaper but if the quality is good, then it is worth the money.
chertel

Post by chertel »

I just visited their website. Hydraulic transmission is listed in both 5-speed and automatic specifications? and the engine with the five speed is more expensive. The reason I wanted the transmission is because I thought the one that would come with a kl-ze would be better than the one that I already have in my 1.8L But I do already have a five speed in my 1.8L. I was considering them because I heard some good things about them and they replied to my email fast and were helpful. I heard great things about jdmsource in calgary and emailed them but they never reply so how good can they be??
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

If i were you, i would take a pickup truck and take a drive to Calgary and hand pick out an engine. You'll save a lot in shipping costs, plus you get to see what you are buying. Try giving them a call to see if they have many klze's in stock.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”