3 months after ZE swap i get my probs, need a suggestion

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
thebox

3 months after ZE swap i get my probs, need a suggestion

Post by thebox »

So my ZE was running fine since the swap until like 2 days ago. Suddenly my car starts misfiring pretty bad, and the idle is terrible. Not only is the idle rough as hell from the misfire, but it jumps back and forth from 500-1500. The idle doesn't jump around a lot, only every now and then (like on a 20 min drive, if i stop at 3 or 4 lights, it will do it on 1 or 2 lights). If any of you have tried the "coolant bypass" thing where you take coolant lines away from TB, it gives you this same type of problem but only in cold weather. I know this from experience. I do not have my coolant disconnected from the TB after dealing with that. Now it seems to be doing almost the same thing but not as bad, plus there is a big misfire problem too. What do you think would be causing this? Plugs and wires are new from when I did the swap. Would disty be problem? It just doesn't seem to me like the disty would be causing this type of problem. My car doesn't smoke at all... as far as I can tell there are no vac leaks. What the hell is going on?
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Re: 3 months after ZE swap i get my probs, need a suggestion

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

It may be your VAF. Try to find a PGT VAF and see if that corrects the problem.

Other than that, I see you have the ZE ecu and MS8 IM so it should all work in sync. :shrug:

Also, try disconecting your battery for about 10 minutes, reconnect and start'er up and let idle for a few. drive gently and see if that helps.

Thats all i can think of.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”