need some advice...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DJester187

need some advice...

Post by DJester187 »

ok here's the deal, i swapped my 5spd k08 out for a klze, only issue is they sent me a automatic klze! But my friend that did the swap said i could use my mx-3 tranny no problem, ok. now i'm throwing codes all over the place! i was told i need the ecu for it, so would it matter if i used a automatic ecu, or a manual? then lastly what other parts should i look into to get my car back on the road in good working order?
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
RobertoCarlos

Re: need some advice...

Post by RobertoCarlos »

Hey dude, congats on the swap. You will always encounter some resistance when swapping engines but usually its just minor things. I did the swap last year and I also got an automatic ZE even though my car is a 5 spd. You just replace the torqu converter wiht the flywheel, slap the clutch on and the tranny and off you go. As far as the codes you shouldnt really need an ecu as I ran my K8 ecu for like 3 months before I got my ZE ECU wiht no codes at all. I would pull the codes and see what they say and the go form there.
DJester187

Post by DJester187 »

ok good to know. i mean i have the opportunity to get a ze ecu for like $200 but it's for a auto, does that matter? the codes came up with to 2 egr probs, right system something or other, and a few others (code #: 2, 5, 10, 16, 24, 69)!!
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
RobertoCarlos

Post by RobertoCarlos »

I would defintely get the ZE ECU anyways just for the simple fatc that it will give you the proper fuel and timing maps not to mention a higher rev limiter. And to boot a j spec ECU throws no CEL light but on the downside your car will shutdown at about 188 kmh or 115mph.
RobertoCarlos

Post by RobertoCarlos »

Just check to make sure its either KL 31 or KL 36 ECU as both will work fine
DJester187

Post by DJester187 »

ok thanks, kl 36 it is. it doesn't matter what type of tranny its programmed for (5spd/auto)?
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

and hte speed limiter can be removed
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”