are these times normal for a kl-ze?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bubbaflaat

are these times normal for a kl-ze?

Post by bubbaflaat »

I just got back from the track yesterday. I have a 92 mx-3 with a kl-ze, headers, intake, exhaust, underdrive pulley, lightened flywheel, stage 2 act clutch. My best time was 14.9 @ 94mph. The 60 ft for that run was like 2.2. I running a k8 ecu with a 2.5L VAF. Are these normal times?
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
Black Magic

Re: are these times normal for a kl-ze?

Post by Black Magic »

They are, use the je50 vaf with the j-spec ecu and you'll shave off another .3/.5 sec.

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
RobertoCarlos

Post by RobertoCarlos »

Those times are pretty normal. I am running a KLZE, ZE ECU KL36, 2 1/4 inch exhaust, shaved flyweel, prm intake, and centerforce clutch and my best time was a 14.7 at 92.57 mph with a 60 ft of 2.2. Many more mods like headers, MS8 mani, over bored TB, MS mounts, fidanza flywheel and new clutch coming soon. New goal 13.9 all motor.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

my best time was 14.8 @ 95mph with kl36 ecu, klze(kl31 cams)..2.25 exhaust, hi flow cat..67mm TB, CAI, underdrive pulley, shaved flywheel, PS short shifter and without vris 2 not working

I guess they are normal times...
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
RobertoCarlos

Post by RobertoCarlos »

BabyBlue where did you get your mani form anyways.
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Oh and by the way, I beat a srt-4 yesterday too! I beat him because I out drove him, even though he had a better E.T. LOL, it was funny because he is REALLY ****y, and he called me out, and I beat him. He was angry! :2thumbsup:
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by RobertoCarlos:
BabyBlue where did you get your mani form anyways.
a guy here on the board but can't remember his name..he was on mx6.com too...just notice though (after a year driving it :freak: )that he didn't sent me the vacuum chambers with it...I'm looking for some right now...

if anybody read this and has one he can sell me I'll take it
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
RobertoCarlos

Post by RobertoCarlos »

BabyBlue, what do you mean he didnt send you the vaccum chambers? What part of the mani is that anyways? I am trying to get my hands on one now and I am thinking of just getting one form streetimports.com but I heard it was more of hassle to install a jspec ms8 than an american one. Which do you have?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

the vacuum chamber are hidden under the manfifold under the rear bank runners...it's the black boxe..vacuum are supose to be connected to the intake manifold then to a check valve, to the vaccum chambers and then to the vris.

oh and a j-spec manifold isn't harder to install unless you don't have the curve neck type (eunos 800)
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
ikarus1

Post by ikarus1 »

Originally posted by RobertoCarlos:
BabyBlue, what do you mean he didnt send you the vaccum chambers? What part of the mani is that anyways? I am trying to get my hands on one now and I am thinking of just getting one form streetimports.com but I heard it was more of hassle to install a jspec ms8 than an american one. Which do you have?
I have got a millenia intake I might want to get rid of. PM me for details and I might take some pics. No TB on it but complete right down to the hoses still attached :)
93 White MX-3 "Ebay special"
94 Green 626 V6 5-speed "family car"
94 Mazda B2300 SE "project turbo truk"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”