reving too high

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
dPmunky

reving too high

Post by dPmunky »

i searched the boards but still had a question about the rev limiter on the 5 speed, will the limiter stop you from reving over 7200rpm or is it only on the AT version? i was shifting pretty high at the races the other night and wasnt sure if it would bounce back from 7200 or keep goin and blow to bits<p>
...btw i beat him, it was an eclipse...nuff said
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: reving too high

Post by mitmaks »

mine cuts off at 7500
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

my rev limiter is at 7500 rpm but i reved matched into third gear at 7900 yesterday slowing down in almost flying to stopped traffic. it goes past the rev limiter, im sure the valves dont close then but it cant stay up there either.
dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

i was just barely touching redline and i was all freaking out, afraid my car would turn into a fireball...
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

so does the engine just cut out at 7200 rpm's? or does it bounce back and slow down? i guess that was my question. i mean either way i guess it cant be good on the engine but i was just wanting to know
--claude comair
food for thought
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

mine hits in at 6400 but mine is 4cyl, if the limiters are the same with the 6cyl it just bobs when you hit it
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”