engine problems

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mx3KiD78

engine problems

Post by Mx3KiD78 »

my stupid engine rods are about to go out.. and i was just wondering if i should get a used motor or just get new rods?? i have a 92 mazda mx-3 gs (v6)??? can ne one help how much do u think it would be to get a used motor too?? thanks....
bobby
korban

Re: engine problems

Post by korban »

I have v6 1.8L i just took out of my car to do a swap .. are you in the states or canada?
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

He's in Tuscon. The only one I know of is in Arizona, USA.
Dude, if you're into fixing up your car I'd definitely recommend just swapping in a better engine (KL-ZE) instead of buying another stock engine(yes it is a V6), but I'll have a K8 just lying around as soon as I get it out of my car if you have any interest.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
korban

Post by korban »

might be cheaper for you to have yours shipped to him nallboy :) .. i think the kl08 is only worth about 300$
Mx3KiD78

Post by Mx3KiD78 »

hey thanks for the input i live in tucson arizona and yea i donno how much would a used engine cost... like the same engine i have in it right now?? I dont know much about fixin up cars but i want to fix up mine and learn cuz im only 16 so i got some time on my hands... thanks
bobby
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

might as well get a KL, they are easier to find and are direct replacements for the pos K8 engine.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Hey, bro, welcome to our little community! You've definitely come to the right spot. Do some research and you'll find exactly what you want to do with your car. Good Luck!
-John :2thumbsup:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
userAttila19

Post by userAttila19 »

I bough my GS with no engine. I wish I new about the ZE swaps then becuase I installed another K8. They're pretty gutless. The ZE's a not bad from what I hear. Mine is JSpec K8 so it has like 10 more hP. The only thing you can beat with a K8 are like stock civics and protoge's. GO WITH THE ZE SWAP... :driver:
No time to slow down. 1995 MX-3 GS http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/566272
korban

Post by korban »

do you have an engine lift? or a buddy with a garage?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”