quiet exaust

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
dPmunky

quiet exaust

Post by dPmunky »

i hate to be the new guy askin all kinds of retarded questions, but if the shoe fits...<p>i was just wanting to make some modifications to my mx3 and i was wondering about exausts, does anybody have an upgraded exaust that doesnt have that annoying dying motorcycle sound?<p>the other question was about performance chips, im not sure what chip would give the best hp/trq gains?
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
Hy300

Re: quiet exaust

Post by Hy300 »

I don't think you should invest in any chips until after other performance modifications. From what I've heard they really don't seem to be worth the investment unless you're going all out.<p>As for exhausts... you can go the very expensive route and get the Mazdaspeed exhaust that will give you all the performance of any other mandrel bent steel exhaust but maintains the factory sound. I hope you have a thick wallet for that one. Otherwise, you can upgrade to 2 1/4" internal diameter mandrel-bent piping for the best results. The sound after that is up to whatever muffler and catalytic converter you choose. They will both have the best determination of what your exhaust system will sound like.
dPmunky

Re: quiet exaust

Post by dPmunky »

thanks for the tip, i've heard mixed things about chips, thats why i was curious what other people had done
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”