The Rundown

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Talon_66

The Rundown

Post by Talon_66 »

Well After 20 Hours of labour, lots of swear, beer and tears the KLZE is in my car!

Took it for a few spins, with the stock K8 ECU in, and it pulled fairly hard. The Clutch (Centerforce) grabbed the gears and never let up. After swapping over to the KLZE ECU, god did this engine ever lay it down.

Comments:
I got my engine through Osaka, and if I could, I wouldnt go through them again. Reasons being:
1. They sent me a KLZE with a straight neck, setting back the install while we wait for the curved neck ECU.
2. No ECU was included, luckly I got an ECU from a fellow MXer (Thanks Gabi)
3. Oil on top of the spark plugs? WTF?! Well luckly the car wasnt puffing blue, nor was there any oil on the actual spark plug. And the spark plugs were a wee to tight.
4. KM were WAY higher then Osaka posts on there website 30000-50000 my A$$
5. Distributor cap was totally destroyed.
6. Water in the power steering?
7. Flywheel completely scortched.
8. LOTS of swapping of parts from the K8

Problems:
1. Clicking sound when launching? Located infront of the driver, near the floor.
2. CEL comes on after 15 minutes of driving.

Anyways! I :love: MY ZE! :love:

Here are some highlights of the Installation and aftermath

<small>[ April 10, 2004, 04:46 AM: Message edited by: Talon_66 ]</small>
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
papa roached

Re: The Rundown

Post by papa roached »

good to hear man, i wish i had my MX
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I was wondering if your ZE has 2 plugs underneath the VRIS, they're right above the back exhaust manifold. I think they're for the EGR but I don't know for sure. If they're for the EGR you shouldnt have them and you should have 2 left over plugs. Let me know if you got them please. Also if you can, since you just finished your swap can you tell me where all the plugs went or can you take pics of all the plugs so I can see where they go? Pics would be great since all the plugs are colored. Please help me out. Thanks.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Could be a CV, did you make sure all the mounts are secure? I would assume something wasn't fastned down. What code is it throwing?
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Its not throwing up any code, we tried pulling it up 4 times. The guy doing the install has some pretty wicked and expensive toys, and the diagnositic computer couldnt find any problems.

Could be the CV joint. Im sure he tightened all the motor mounts down. I was thinking it m ight be part of the shifter linkage, I dont really remember him tightenoing that.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Congats, Carlos!!
Good to see that all that crap finally worked out!
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Thanks Nallboy!
I just opened another post called 'EGR?' I have some tubes that Im not sure what they do.
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”