can you tell me what this is, and is it needed?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx-3xplosiv31

can you tell me what this is, and is it needed?

Post by mx-3xplosiv31 »

92 MX-3 GS 1.8L V6, on the intake accordian looking piece, right after the MAF sensor, there is a tube hooked into it, that just dead ends. looks kind of like a j shaped plastic thing. What is it? Do I need that if I make my own intake? help, trying to learn about these engines.

Aaron
stang67fb

Re: can you tell me what this is, and is it needed?

Post by stang67fb »

btw its VAF for some odd reason and that tube thing is a POS its just there to put More restriction on the intake, find some way to block it off or do the custom home depot intake works like a charm and i did mine for under 15$. for those of you that wanna know how, grab a 3" to 3" strait rubber cupler and a 3" to 3" 90degree one put the strait one right off the TB to the VAF and the other off the VAF strait down to a filter. sounds great and is very very afforable.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS
New Time 13.82 at 101.75 2.205 60ft (RIP beast klze engine)

Updated mods now... KFZE, SS Autochrome Headers and a Sweet a-- 3' Electric Cutout after it, KFZE LSD trans, Millenia manifold, KL36 ecu, Blown motor mounts, custom CAI, Custom ground wire kit, 9mm Plug wires, 2 1/4 exhaust, (Hei and MSD external coil mod), all accessories.
andy

Post by andy »

All aftermarket intakes don't reuse that peice of plastic. It is a resonator to help quiet the intake noise. Your car will run fine without it but you will here the intake alot more when going WOT. That is ussually a good thing.

Andy P. 93 GS
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

ive removed it, you'll have more engine space, factory put too much junk under hood, take what you can out and ull have much better looking engine bay.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”