KLZE cams

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
thebox

KLZE cams

Post by thebox »

I'm a bit confused here. I have read KLZEs should have KL31 cams. Then I read that some KLZEs could have KL01 cams, but is still a ZE. I read that KLDE cams are KL03. Are all of these facts correct? If so, what are the differences between the engines that have KL31 cams and KL01 cams? A little clarfication would be awesome!

<small>[ February 08, 2004, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: thebox ]</small>
1992 MX-3 GS

KLZE - Fidanza Flywheel - CM IIR Clutch - Millenia IM - UR Pulley - IM Spacers - KL36 ECU
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: KLZE cams

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yes ze's came with 2 different cam profile..kl31 and kl01..the kl31 cams came with the j-spec mx6 only..it develops more hp's but less torque and is the opposite with the kl01..kl31 cams has a higher lift than kl01..that i know for sure...but i thought that probe gt's came with kl01 cams too?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

so the kl-de cams would make more torque than the kl-ze cams if they were in a kl-ze? and they woulmd make more torque in a kl-de than the klze cams would?
94 mx3 gs (sold)
92 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX(14.3 @ 99.08- almost completely stock)
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

KL-01 and KL-31 are not the part numbers.

They are just ID numbers that mazda uses to show that the part will inter change with certian engines.

look at your PCV valve, it says KL-01 but its on a K8 engine, as well at the valve cover gaskets.

MOST ZE's have the KL01 cam markings on them, but they have different lift than the KL01 cams in the KL-DE.

The KL-31 marked cams have a different profile as well, but if you have a set of the kl-31's at least you know that they are from a ZE
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”