Doing a ZE swap. Addicted to LSD.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Doing a ZE swap. Addicted to LSD.

Post by Nallboy »

Hey guys,
I just bought a '93 GS and I plan on doing the KLZE swap in a few months. After reading up on it, I really want to drop in the LSD tranny as well. I didn't really know where to post this...
I'm just asking for some help/advice from those of you who have an LSD or know more than I do about it. Which one will fit? And I've looked around, but where do you recommend I buy mine from? Thanks. :2thumbsup:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
gsrbomb

Re: Doing a ZE swap. Addicted to LSD.

Post by gsrbomb »

Quaife's LSD from Corksport (1200us)
-1994 GS ENTIRELY STOCK, BUT NOT FOR LONG!-
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

http://www.probetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1701073418 this applies to g series trannies including the g25mr

<small>[ January 03, 2004, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Steeb ]</small>
HFStuart

Post by HFStuart »

$1200 ???

£485+ tax in the UK. Even at the stupid exchange rate that's saving you more than the carriage.
pelado

Post by pelado »

Probably the cheapest (but not the best) method of getting a "limited slip" diff is the Phantom Grip. I noticed the latest J.C. Whitney catalog has them. However, they require modification to work in our trannies. Notice the part number is the same as the one for the Civic. Search PT for Jeff Jesske's trials and tribulations with this device before you buy.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Thanks, guys.
Pelado, I probably won't even look any further into the Phantom Grip. Like I said, I'm addicted. Thanks anyway though. :2thumbsup:
And, Stuart, what company sells the tranny you're talkin about? Actually, I'd prob be paying out the yin yang for shipping from there anyway, but I'd still like to look into it some.
Have any of you installed an LSD tranny?
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
pelado

Post by pelado »

The Quaife LSD is around 1200 from Mazdaspeed, maybe Corksport can get it. It's not a tranny, just a limited slip diff. According to Jeff Jesske (again), it's a royal pain in the butt to install. Requires special bolts, slight mods, etc.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

if u check out the ink above you can have a msp lsd installed for 1200.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I thought the whole problem with using the LSD tranny was finding Axles for it? if that was the case im sure you could just get the lsd tranny and just have some one like Lazzyie get you the parts
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
robski

Post by robski »

Originally posted by Nallboy:
Hey guys,
I just bought a '93 GS and I plan on doing the KLZE swap in a few months. After reading up on it, I really want to drop in the LSD tranny as well. I didn't really know where to post this...
I'm just asking for some help/advice from those of you who have an LSD or know more than I do about it. Which one will fit? And I've looked around, but where do you recommend I buy mine from? Thanks. :2thumbsup:
klo3 centerforce, intrax, tokico , ur pulley,ngk spark plugs, powerslot slotted rotors, 2 and 1/4 inch piping tenzo venturi muff, bosal headers, prm cold air intake, kn filter, 75 shot of nos, 17 in te37 rip off's, evolution orange paint, fx side skirts, ft rear st bars.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

Originally posted by ibarra:
Originally posted by Nallboy:
Hey guys,
read the freakin posts and links. noobs must learn to search too. welcome to the board. check out the first link on my sig its got some really cool stuff, you can learn about your car.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

im telling u guys its all explained in the links. if u can read this thread i dont see why you cant read those. i sound like a *** but theres more sources for info other than the mx-3.com v6 tech/perf. open your eyes :idea:
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Originally posted by Steeb:
http://www.probetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1701073418 this applies to g series trannies including the g25mr
They wont let me access the forums for some reason, can you cut and paste or something? I wanna see too!
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
ghandi1492

Post by ghandi1492 »

Originally posted by curtklze:
Originally posted by Steeb:
They wont let me access the forums for some reason, can you cut and paste or something? I wanna see too!
you have to login to probetalk before u can view any of the posts..at least i do...

aj
'93 MX-3 SE-ZE 9lb findaza,CMIII,KL36,hi-flow cat, 2.5" exhaust piping....stolen sound system...broken center dash....and a big ol dent in the driver door where my wife backed up into it...but i still get 26+ mpg......
13flat

Post by 13flat »

what kind of affect is LSD going to have on his times? are they going to be worth $1200???
Goal: 1/4 mile time of 13.099 or better, N/A. ...still in the works

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?ittfund

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”