ssautochrome headers??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
papa roached

Re: ssautochrome headers??

Post by papa roached »

just search for probe gt, you will find then
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

e-mail me if you want me to hook you up with the guy who sold them to me for $170 shipped. They look awsome... i'm installing them on my k8 this weekend. But hit me up if you want them. The biggest problem i've seen, is that the egr bung is on the wrong side. Is it possible to plug that whole, and the egr tube, and run normal?
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
Street-Import
Supporting Member

Post by Street-Import »

I just found these ones... even cheaper! 135$US!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33631&item=2455427236

dunno if they will finish higher tho.. I paid even more than that for mine when we ordered 10 together for a group buy...
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

You for got one thing though. I got mine for $170, thats with shipping. Plus, the headers I bought, were from that same guy that is the seller of that auction. I just installed them today. But I haven't got the exhaust moved back yet. So i'm running straight headers until the exhaust shop opens on monday. They take a little bit of work to get them to fit. But, for the price, you can't go wrong. The worst thing is the egr. The bung for the tubing is on the wrong way. And anyone who has delt with headers on k-series engines knows that you CANNOT bend those pipes. So I just made an egr blockoff plate and plugged the tubing. My other car is a 1990 eagle talon tsi awd. And I did the same blockoff plate for that, and nothing has gone wrong. All the dsm guys say to block off the egr. Will anything happen to my mx-3 from this? I still am new to this car. Please let me know before I run around like this for too long. I can still hook anyone up with the ssautochrome headers if they want. Just let me know. $170 shipped
Street-Import
Supporting Member

Post by Street-Import »

Hey, I dont think the EGR really matters. Because when you install a KLZE you have to block all the EGR holes and basically cancel the EGR. So I think you can do the same for the headers too especialy if you EGR is not plugged on your intake manifold....

Other than that the O2 sensors were located at the right positions? and do they bolt-on perfectly?

Yeah the price is incredible, and the performance should be too.
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

The headers themselves bolted up perfect. But you still had to grind the flanges and bend the y-pipe a little to make it clear the shift linkages, and oil pan. Yeah, i've driven around now with the egr blocked, and everything seems to be fine, no codes or check engine light. I haven't gotten the cat moved back yet so I can't tell you about the sound with the rest of the exhaust hooked up, but i'll let you know this week what its like. Yeah, the O2 sensers all match up fine. On the rear header the O2 senser bung is located on the opposite side of the manifold, compaired to stock. But the O2 sensor wires are plenty long and it doesn't even matter. Other than that. These headers are great, for $170 you can't loose! I started installing the at like 8:00 on friday, and finished at like 3:00 in the morning. But I sat there a long time trying to figure some things out. Go for it guys, they difinatly look better than Pacesetter, and they install easier too.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”