Need Some Help Here

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jnic

Need Some Help Here

Post by jnic »

Ok I have a problem that I know has been discussed on here before I just cant figure out what the final concensus was..... When i turn right and have a half a tank of gas or less my car cuts out for about 2 seconds until it settles again... doesnt stall or anything like that.... just doesnt get any gas... Now it isnt my fuel filter I have changed that, it isnt a rip in my intake boot had that problem before... Mazda told me it was my injectors were dirty but I cleaned them and nothing... Another mechanic told me a motor mount... but why only on a hlaf tank then... The only thing that makes sense is my Fuel Pump but mazda swears its not that.... so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :(
curtklze

Re: Need Some Help Here

Post by curtklze »

if it does it every time the fuel level is below half a tank, then try this.<p>drive untill there is 1/4 tanks of gas, then remove the lower rear seat, the wires going to the floor are for the fuel pump, remove the cover on the floor , then jack up the car to simulate taking a sharp corner, remove the fuel pump and look inside the tank to see if fuel is covering the pump, inspect the plastic strainer on the bottom of the pump for rust or dirt, check the bottom of the tank for a build up of rust or dirt that may be sliding around.<p>check to see if the wireing inside the take still good and has good contacts to the pump.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Mazda put out a TSB for the MX-6 for that same problem. Could effect the MX-3 also?? It was for 93 MX-6's and the TSB # is F02992
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
jnic

Post by jnic »

Sorry if I sound stupid here but what does tsb stand for and where would I find TSB # F02992

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”