Needed to know best ECU, VAF, and IM(FUEL INJECTOR) comb

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RobertoCarlos

Needed to know best ECU, VAF, and IM(FUEL INJECTOR) comb

Post by RobertoCarlos »

I have been searching on this website for alomst the last 4 hours tonight and can not seem to find any definitive answer as to what the best set up is. Right now I am running the KLZE with a chipped 1.8 ecu, 1.8 VAF And 1.8 IM and fuel injectors. Only put the engine in like 2 months ago and just got to the track last week and my best time was a 15.1 at 92 miles an hour. I have been rerading a few guy getting low to mid 14's and was wondering if I am slower because I dont have the right setup. ALso with the setup I have now would I be running lean or rich.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: Needed to know best ECU, VAF, and IM(FUEL INJECTOR) comb

Post by babyblueMX3 »

well i think the best setup you can have is EVERYTHING ZE....you can see in my sig that i run almost everything ze except for the IM wich is a close enough of the ze... the car is running real fine...I haven't got the chance to try it at the track yet..I'll give you news when i will.i had the ze engine with your setup before and let me tell you onew thing that it makes a big diference going with millenia IM and injectors..i heard chipped ecu doesn't work as good as real ZE ecu..you can get those for 200cnd at engineland in montreal..you vaf is good because it's the same as the4 ze (je-50)..and i think your time is ok with the setup you have well maybe you could have hit the high 14 tho..just my 2 cent
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Also, since the questions answered, please read the FAQ and do some searching, your question was asked many times before.
sampsonmx3

Post by sampsonmx3 »

I'm not sure what you mean by a chipped ECU, but if you run the 1.8ecu and the 1.8 VAF the car will run rich=less power, you need a 2.5 VAF. On my air/fuel gauge it shows it.<p>Or you need to get a ZE ECU and then you can use the 1.8 VAF.<p>After I did my swap I tried using them both and if you get the 2.5 VAF (like off a mx-6,626) you will notice a huge difference. Mazda Recyclers, 1-877-280-3100, or Mazda Dismantlers 1-800-699-2664 can help you out for about 125 dollars. Or if you are close to a junk yard locally you can get one.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

The correct ECU VAF is the JE50 used stock in MX-3s. The KLZE ECu you can get from LAzzie, check the feedback forums for contact info.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

i forgot to add that if you use ze ecu you can't use your egr..so if you have emissions test, you'll have a hard time passsing them..lucky me i don't have 'em
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
RobertoCarlos

Post by RobertoCarlos »

Thanks again for all the input guys. I guess I will be getting tie millenia intake manifold and the ZE ECU to boot. But doesnt the ecu Have a top seed limiter. I know that over in Japan there cars are only allowed to go a certian speed. ANyone Know if you can disable it. Again thanks for the help. I also dont have to worry about emissions. Tahnks again to all for your input

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”